News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

drinking and soldering = a very bad thing

Started by jeffaroo, November 23, 2012, 02:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffaroo

ol lady put a bunch of crap on my project table so i decided to solder on the front porch. went inside to grab another beer and came back out to realize i stepped on the project ! lol
sorry smoothie, rip !
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

jubal81

Another bad one is Ambien & soldering. Twice I woke up and found jumbled mystery perf builds that looked like they'd been thrown together by a dyslexic chimpanzee on acid. Oh, and the iron left on.

Needless to say I don't touch the stuff any more.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Pvt. Parts

My dog trampled a build on testing once... never working on the floor, and if so, no dogs in the house.
"Do what you can with what you have where you are" T. Roosevelt

slimtriggers

Lack of sleep can be just as bad.  I once transferred the the hot iron, tip first, into my other hand so I could grab a part.  Needless to say I didn't hang on to it very long  :o  That woke me right up!

Hangingmonkey

Ouch, just pictured it and it made me squirm. I nearly did that once

bigmufffuzzwizz

Haha I guess I've had decent luck compared to some of you. I tend not to work while drinking for i can only imagine the outcome.. >:(
My enemy is cat on the table!!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

mandrewbot3k

I only drink while working on my motorcycle, never while working on my pedals, that would be unsafe.
Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)

electricstorm

Many years ago, I was using one of those irons for wood burning (the type used to burn images into wood for art or whatever). I guess it was around 300 to 500 watts, not really sure, but it was huge. I was soldering some large ground wire onto a metal lug for an electrical cabinet. There is no bench as the cabinets are already installed. So the iron is in a cradle on the floor and a friend of mine stopped by to say hello. Of course, he wasn't wearing shoes, and stepped right on the iron. He was in contact with it for maybe a second or two. He got a severe third degree burn from it and couldn't wear shoes for about two months. Really felt sorry for him.

Now I put those types of irons inside the cabinet when I am using them.
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

Lovetone Flanger  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3v4twi2sbs0l5p7/1Ep9NbRE2T