News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny resistor question

Started by Jazzman, July 29, 2011, 04:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazzman

Hi all, just finished building the Cival War version Mudbunny out of parts I had spare. Only resistor that I didn't have was R2 - 39k, so I subbed a 47k, my next nearest. The pedal works fine (although the footswitch is a little dodgy), however I'd like to know what effect changing R2 would have on the tone? ???

stecykmi

Jazzman

Sweet!  ;D  I'm new to the world of the 'big muff' and all its variants. Just had to try one to see (hear) what it's all about. I included the 25kB "mid" pot, but found that it's very subtle. Is that usual?

stecykmi

try decreasing R18. if you're using a 25k pot, making R18 10k makes the pot at 50% gives a roughly stock setting. when the pot is 0, you'll have a bigger sweep, but a significant mid scoop, and when it's at 100%, you'll have less of a sweep, but also less of a mid scoop.

bigmufffuzzwizz

If you do a search, I and others have given many suggestions for how to get the mids pot and other mods working! I make R18 1K-3K and that pot will do a lot more! If you change C10 it will help also. IIRC the last one I left at 22n.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Jazzman

Thanks heaps, guys. Much appreciated!  ;D