News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Canada Post is on strike, Vancouver loses the Stanley Cup, riots ensue!

Started by FredGarvin, June 17, 2011, 01:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FredGarvin

Arggh! I may never see the boards I ordered off of here, how frustrating!

To top it off, Vancouver loses, and a bunch of turds make Canada look like a bunch of asses!

Anyway, Boston played a fantastic game, Thomas was dynamite.

Any hockey fans out there?

bigmufffuzzwizz

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

cjkbug

This blows I tried ordering some carbon comp resistors from a source in Canada today and found this out. The media down here is talking about it. Any Idea how long this could last?
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

FredGarvin

I'm not sure how long. The government may step in and put them back to work. It sucks.

Don't send any packages to Canada, they may be sent back to the sender, or worse, lost.

http://clients.infopost.ca/en/2011/06/lockout-at-canada-post-what-it-means-to-customers/

irmcdermott

I live in Nashville, love hockey, and because I live in Nashville, did not want to see Vancouver win  ;D

cjkbug

I live near boston and wish people would stop talking about the bruins already.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

crashguitar

I am a huge hockey fan, and I was rooting for Vancouver. I was disappointed that they couldn't pull it off. My infant son was wearing his Luongo shirt and everything.

highway jones

Canes fan here!  Was glad to see Chara win one.  I also became a Tim Thomas fan along the way.    I think Vancouver has realized that it is hard to win a cup with tic tac toe passing and highlight reel goals.  Ugly goals always seem to win out.

Hockey players are the best ambassadors of their sport...compared to any other athletes IMO.  I'll be a Canucks fan if they come out of the west next year though......

sgmezei

My stepfather is a massive Canucks fan and was really disappointed. He has a signed life-size Luongo poster haha.
I am even more disappointed in how some fellow Canadians reacted.

I have 12 boards coming from the Bean that I ordered when he started the reduction sale. I am not religious but I am praying that they get here haha.

Canada Post was doing rotating strikes in different cities but now they are all locked out apparently. I heard a rumour we were still going to get mail mon, wed, fri but I cant find anything to confirm that. As far as shipping to Canada, I dont know what to say, the strike shouldn't last long I dont think but who knows.

FredGarvin

I just saw the news, and it looks like Canada Post is back to the bargaining table with the union. They are going to be working on a settlement through the weekend. On Monday, volunteer staff are supposedly, going to open depots in order for seniors to receive their government cheques, that's it. So, no mail for while now.

As for the fellow Canadians that overreacted, it was incited by people who knew that it was a boiling pot after the loss, it was coordinated and calculated, achohol and drugs also fueled the fire. The images on T.V. were unsettlling, I thought we as Canadians learned from 94's riot, I was wrong. It had nothing to do with hockey, a shame indeed.

But, I'm glad that it hasn't dampened the spirit of the real sports fans here, it's nice to hear your stories.

I'm GASSING really bad for a new project, I just might have to veroboard instead because of the delay.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: FredGarvin on June 17, 2011, 05:53:04 PM
I'm GASSING really bad for a new project, I just might have to veroboard instead because of the delay.

I've been hacking the silicon mosrite fuzzrite apart. I can show you how to get it real nasty  ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

FredGarvin

A quick update, it looks like the government is stepping in to end the postage strike. They are pushing through back to work legislation as of this afternoon. NDP are going to try to stall, but, the PC's have a majority and it looks likely to go through.

sgmezei

That would be awesome!! because I am waiting for 4 shipments of parts and PCB's hahaha.

FredGarvin

Update: Back to work legislation could be as soon as Thursday.

I'm waiting on 3 boards myself!  :'(

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals