News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DirtBag - better blending

Started by madbean, December 14, 2011, 04:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I've always been a bit troubled by the blend control on the stock Memory Man. It just blends in repeats too early for me. Here's a simple solution: replace the Blend pot with 100kB. The mixing is MUCH better, IMO/ About noon is half and half.

Mich P

Topic Summary
Posted on: December 13, 2011, 10:04:10 PM
Posted by: madbean
Insert Quote
I've always been a bit troubled by the blend control on the stock Memory Man. It just blends in repeats too early for me. Here's a simple solution: replace the Blend pot with 100kB. The mixing is MUCH better, IMO/ About noon is half and half.

Anyone else have tried this ?
Mich P.

cjkbug

i did it still didn't have much usable sweep it hit 50% in the 1st quarter of the dial. is it supposed to be b100k iwas thinking of trying a reverse taper
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

Mich P

Posted by: cjkbug

i did it still didn't have much usable sweep it hit 50% in the 1st quarter of the dial. is it supposed to be b100k iwas thinking of trying a reverse taper

Thanks cjkbug let us know what's happens with the reverse taper !
Someone else ?
Mich P.

madbean

it's probably just a matter of taste. Personally I prefer very gradual blending in of the delay signal. You can lower the value down to 50k to make it less drastic.

cjkbug

Quote from: madbean on December 24, 2011, 01:51:47 PM
it's probably just a matter of taste. Personally I prefer very gradual blending in of the delay signal. You can lower the value down to 50k to make it less drastic.
I like gradual blending too. mine goesa from nothing to louder repeats than dry signal in the 1st 1/8th of the dial. that's why I suspect I need to change the taper. It's very diffciult to find a deent balance on my build. just want too play it for a while before pulling it apart again
I got blisters on my fingers!!!