News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you GASing for?

Started by angrykoko, September 07, 2014, 09:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Quote from: GermanCdn on November 25, 2014, 08:56:23 PM
Your ASAT and my Z-3 look like they came from the same wood and paint batch, though I'm pretty sure mines a four bolt (honestly I'd have to check).  I wish they'd stayed with the control jack layout on the 3 bolt ASATs, instead of going to those stupid fully threaded jacks that go all the way through.  They fail pretty regularly, they're a bitch to replace, and not the easiest to find.

My older Legacy probably has a #3 neck (the modern C carve), whereas most of my ASATs and my Legacy hollow have a little more meat on them (I think it's the #2 neck, again have to check the spec).  My ASAT Classic S has a #1, it's a freaking club.

That Baker's a beaut, love the double cream pups.  That's a pre Ed Roman one, right?

I'm such a guitar nerd.

Yeah, the Baker happened well before that troll Ed Roman (RIP) came out from under the bridge.

It was actually a fun custom build.  I purchased the flamed from a luthier's supply shop along with a Brazilian Rosewood fretboard blank.  I called the guy at the wood store up and described what I wanted and he took photos of a bunch of bookmatched sets so that I could decide which one I preferred.  He also threw in a small piece of flamed maple for the headstock as well as a bonus because he thought it would look good. 

The body wood is a one-piece light mahogany body, which was lucky more than anything as they didn't promise that.  the back wood is cherry pore filled ala old Les Pauls.  The top color is based on the Brockburst Les Paul (I referred to a specific page in the beauty of the burst book).  I got to spec it all out ahead of time, which was a lot of fun.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

blearyeyes

I'm GASing for my 62 Jazzmaster rebuild that I cant afford yet...
Very cool that i still have her... i am a blessed man!

jball85

Quote from: brucer on November 22, 2014, 03:24:55 AM
Wellll ... I REALLY want a semi-hollow body guitar.  I don't know why, I just do.  Maybe it's the extra resonance that I'm SURE I hear.

I've played EVERYTHING over and over again in the stores within driving distance (1-2 hrs anyway), but I'm not keen on the Gretsch and feel like there's gotta be something fit, finish and cost-wise between the Epiphone/Ibanez options and the Gibson's.  So ... that's got me looking at these:

http://www.prestigeguitars.com/musician-pro.php

http://www.eastmanguitars.com/t486/

I'm a little leery of ordering something that expensive without playing it first (and even more wary of the used market), but the 2-hrs away store isn't keen on bringing one in for me to try without a commitment to buy (and said they wouldn't accept returns unless there was a manufacturing defect (because it's not the kind of stock that moves fast)).  Hrrmmm ...

Anyone familiar with either guitar?  Other options?

I've played a few Eastman guitars. They looked like a DOT, and had a pretty decent reputation that precedes them. It was a pretty amazing guitar, I believe on some models the tops are carved and tuned to a specific note, like a violin. Also, this was probably the only hollow-body guitar that the pickups  didn't howl under pressure from a screaming high gain tube amp. Pretty impressive.

lars

So many great things on here.
I'm still GASing for a Strymon Deco. I really want to try that pedal out. If it can really do what it says, that could be one of the most versatile pedals for any pedal board. True thru-zero flanging on-the-fly? Just click the switch and boom, you're there. Imagine the possibilities! It's like...cloning hot dogs!

lars

Two words: "Rust Bucket". Anybody else excited to see that in the "coming soon" category?

m-Kresol

Quote from: lars on December 07, 2014, 01:26:40 AM
Two words: "Rust Bucket". Anybody else excited to see that in the "coming soon" category?

Hells yeah. I'm also waiting for the dirtbag.
And I'm totally nuts about the G&L tribute asat classic bluesboy. Basically a tele with a neck humbucker and a f-hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

GrindCustoms

I have a spare Heyboer SLO iron sets... so i'm gasing on building one of these....

It got some similarities with the SLO... but it's a bit lighter sounding, one of the gain stage is omitted... otherwise it'd be like an Avenger.

So yeah.. that'd be my 2015 uBer project. :D
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Muadzin

I'm currently GAS'ing for a Fender Twin pre-amp in a 19" rack. Preferably a stereo config so I can amplify the two channels coming from my pedal board. Cause I'm fed up wth hauling heavy amps around. Unfortunately the only rack pre-amps seem to be hi-gain metal monsters. I just want a clean Fender single channel pre-amp because clean Fender amps that take pedals well are what I have been using since like forever. Rumor has it the Alembic F-2B might be exactly what I'm after.

Other thing I'm entertaining impure thoughts about is the Axe FX II.