News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cave Dweller

Started by pickdropper, July 03, 2012, 12:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

This is my first baby build and it was a lot of fun!  No real issues to report other than a misalignment of the etch.  Bummer, but I still felt inclined to use the enclosure:

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gtr2

wow, that is cool.  Extra points for having room for a socket!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

midwayfair

Quote from: gtr2 on July 03, 2012, 03:39:23 PM
wow, that is cool.  Extra points for having room for a socket!

Josh

yeah, without even using low-profile jacks! It's like magic!

Excellent color, too. And I like that you incorporated the control labels into a really clean, simple graphic, so that the words look like part of the art. It's a very elegant graphic design. :)

k.rock!

Dude that looks perfect! Misalignment?? Where?? :D I really don't see anything wrong and I'm pretty anal with my graphics haha Great work dude...inside and out, I think it's flawless.

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

lincolnic

nzCdog

Aaaah that is sooo clean! :o
great job!

Groovtubin

Quote from: pickdropper on July 03, 2012, 12:31:58 PM
This is my first baby build and it was a lot of fun!  No real issues to report other than a misalignment of the etch.  Bummer, but I still felt inclined to use the enclosure:

Hi! Can you help with your source for parts? Really like to gettem ALL at ONE place! lol! Thanks man, awesome build!

jim

Hangingmonkey

Congrats on the build. I never appreciated how tight it can be getting everything into a 1590A until i did one a few weeks ago.   I love the way these pedals look, cant wait to start the next one.

pickdropper

[/quote] Hi! Can you help with your source for parts? Really like to gettem ALL at ONE place! lol! Thanks man, awesome build!

jim
[/quote]

The parts came from a few different places (I had some of them on hand), but the majority of the actual components came from Mouser.  If you look at Madbean's build docs, they list the small electrolytic caps and 1/8th watt resistors that help with these builds.  The film caps are Panasonics.

Other than the 3PDT switch, you probably could get everything you need from Mouser, you will pay a bit more for the pots compared to Small Bear.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: Hangingmonkey on July 23, 2012, 11:21:30 PM
Congrats on the build. I never appreciated how tight it can be getting everything into a 1590A until i did one a few weeks ago.   I love the way these pedals look, cant wait to start the next one.

Thanks.  I've only built a couple of 1590A builds, but I plan on doing more.  I think they are a lot of fun to build.  I see why some folks get addicted to them.
Function f(x)

bigmufffuzzwizz

That blue is stunning, is it PC or anodized?
Where did you source your 9mm pots?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

pickdropper

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on August 30, 2012, 09:59:39 PM
That blue is stunning, is it PC or anodized?
Where did you source your 9mm pots?

The enclosure is from Pedal Parts Plus and they call it Anodized Blue, but it doesn't look like any anodization process I've ever seen.  I do like the finish, however.

The 9mm pots were from Small Bear.  Mammoth has also started carrying them recently.
Function f(x)