News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stocking the bench

Started by addshoe, January 17, 2013, 02:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammerheadmusicman

i only ordered 2 feet, to see if the wire is any good, and they sent the wrong bloody one! haha, haven't treid solid core, seems really nice though, seems like it would be awesome for switch and I/O jack wiring.. i wouldn't dare use it for the pots, as i'd break it within seconds, keep lifting the board in and out!
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

GermanCdn

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on January 18, 2013, 06:50:23 PM
i only ordered 2 feet, to see if the wire is any good, and they sent the wrong bloody one! haha, haven't treid solid core, seems really nice though, seems like it would be awesome for switch and I/O jack wiring.. i wouldn't dare use it for the pots, as i'd break it within seconds, keep lifting the board in and out!

Use it to build your own PCB mount pots....you'll be ordering more of it on purpose next time
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

hammerheadmusicman

I've just used it for the switch wiring in a 1590a, neatest thing ever!! just wouldn't fancy using it for board or pot connections, as i like to be able to lift the board out etc..

But the mounted pots thing is a good shout!

George

addshoe

Quote from: stevie1556 on January 17, 2013, 05:09:56 PM
As above, buy some storage containers. I can't stress enough just how helpful they are for keeping things organised!

Here are my ones, soon to get a 5th one I think:

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

Nice setup! I will have to invest in some organizers. I have my small collection of parts in a tackle box right now but that filled up fast.

Thanks for all the pointers on vendors gang, looking forward to stocking up here soon!

stevie1556

I will give one helpful bit of advice, if you get drawer units like I have, get a label maker. I got a fairly decent one for a tenner from ebay, and I'm in the process of putting different colours on different components. Red for caps, yellow for resistors, etc. It makes finding components a lot quicker, and the labels are easier to read then my hand writing.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

jimilee

I've got about that much stuff,and damn if i'm not out of stomp switches. I though I had some,I thought wrong. Nother mammoth order!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pedalman

I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

DuctTapeRiot

Those same caps are $0.02 each at Tayda

jimilee

Quote from: DuctTapeRiot on February 05, 2013, 01:11:56 PM
Those same caps are $0.02 each at Tayda
That's my home away from home via the internet! It's like walmart for builders.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

hammerheadmusicman