Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sweetwater Welcomes JHS Pedals

Started by selfdestroyer, May 21, 2014, 01:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Quote from: alanp on May 23, 2014, 07:39:46 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on May 23, 2014, 05:45:52 PM
2.)  Pedals that used a cheap vinyl sticker as a label.  I don't consider this as bad as some of the other things but it bothered him.

PD, I dare you to do a bare-metal enclosure build and, before you do your trademark I-wish-my-bought-pedals-looked-that-good graphics, put some Dymo labelling on and show it to him :)

If I did that, we'd clearly be able to charge a lot more, especially if one of the labels makes a Dumble Reference. Maybe I could call it the "Overprice Special (TM)."

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

rullywowr

Quote from: pickdropper on May 23, 2014, 07:55:46 PM

The sticker thing really depends on execution to me.  I got the impression that it was a cheap bumper sticker type thing randomly stuck on the enclosure, but I didn't actually see it.  Some companies have done nicer adhesive type labeling and it's been OK.  In defense of Devi Ever, at least she kept the prices really low and stickers were applied reasonably well.  It wasn't a $350 Tube Screamer with a sticker on it.  People will put up with a little bit of "rough around the edges" when they are paying $100 vs. a whole lot more.

I agree.  I have used professionally printed outdoor vinyl on some of my builds for sale, however I at least have the box powdercoated.  It's an easy way to get a nice graphic on there, short of laser etching or silkscreen (the best). 

Done tastefully, even bare enclosures with stamped letters (ie: Fairfield) can look sharp.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!