News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mini/Sub mini switch

Started by Hefty, November 18, 2023, 12:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hefty

Just wondering when Brian and other builders spec mini switchs are they the ones listed as mini or sub mini. I know this sounds like a missing in action question but I see a few supplers listing sub mini switches besides mini switches. Is there a differance?

madbean

I generally link up the switches required in my build docs. I've only had a couple that use submini and they generally are not board mounted. The "mini" are just basically the normal sized ones, I guess.

Hefty

thanks for the quick responce Brian. I am trying to order parts and came across the sub mini lable. I build out in the gagrge and don't have internet. I usualy don't need to look up most parts of your build docs and never use your hard work. Your sugestion is good advice. Thank you for doing my thinkng for me. See your brain is working just fine.

Hefty

also no cell phone to my name so really dark ages

madbean

I may very well have misused the Mini and Submini labels, since I tend to think of the Submini as Mini, haha.

blearyeyes

Quote from: madbean on November 18, 2023, 01:19:26 AM
I may very well have misused the Mini and Submini labels, since I tend to think of the Submini as Mini, haha.

Well, they are both mini but they make the others for use in submarines so hence the name.
I guess they're waterproof or sumthin...

jimilee

Quote from: blearyeyes on November 22, 2023, 10:03:31 AM

Well, they are both mini but they make the others for use in submarines so hence the name.
Or or or, stay with me, because they're smaller than mini. I could be wrong, I've never been on a submarine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Hefty

Quote from: jimilee on November 22, 2023, 04:35:08 PM

Or or or, stay with me, because they're smaller than mini. I could be wrong, I've never been on a submarine.

So we are to assume you stopped playing with your boats and subs in the bathtub, AHH the little kiddos grow up too soon

jimilee

Quote from: Hefty on November 22, 2023, 04:54:53 PM
Quote from: jimilee on November 22, 2023, 04:35:08 PM

So we are to assume you stopped playing with your boats and subs in the bathtub, AHH the little kiddos grow up too soon
Bwahahahaha I can't remember that far back.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Hefty

Ahh the things we forget, it is sad

jimilee

Quote from: Hefty on November 22, 2023, 05:07:37 PM
Probably (definitely) should have taken better care of myself when I was younger.

blearyeyes

This made me remember from deep down in the crevices of my crusty decrepit brain, a toy. It was a submarine. You put soda powder into it and you played with it in the bathtub.  Can't remember what I had for breakfast but I can remember a toy from 67 years ago.

Hefty

Quote from: blearyeyes on November 23, 2023, 01:28:40 AM

This made me remember from deep down in the crevices of my crusty decrepit brain, a toy. It was a submarine. You put soda powder into it and you played with it in the bathtub.  Can't remember what I had for breakfast but I can remember a toy from 67 years ago.
that is the the one I remeber too. that long ago for me also. Breakfast how about what was going on a hour ago.   

blearyeyes