News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

vero party II: fuzz OD and reverb

Started by oip, August 06, 2017, 09:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oip

hey folks, did a bunch of vero builds this week, tried some new things, some substantially more successfully than others.  but all pedals fired up first time which was very satisfying.  they sound excellent too can recommend all of them. 

apologies for huge pictures trying to resize them broke my mind

cheers!

---

lunar module with BC109Cs.  wasn't sure how to finish reverse etch, didn't feel like spray painting and instead got carried away with gold paint pen.

works great and sounds roaring.  but the small potentiometers are real sketchy, didn't think it through and should have used panel mount pots.  trying to figure out if i can brace them into the enclosure.

reverberation machine with an added momentary feedback switch.  toner transfer because cbf etching and i like that it looked like a library photocopy.

things to never do again: use a mini switch where all six lugs are needed.  also that trimpot.  my shame.  it sounds great, though a few gremlins i probably need to go over it.

demo tape fuzz.  just went a bit ham here.

mod podge festival on the inside back cover.  also, sound wise this pedal kicks so much ass.  i love it.

jan ray / timmy.  first try on the gold paint pen for fun.  jeez i really fucked up a bunch on this enclosure.

really nice pedal to make though.  sounds super pleasant, the EQ is a little light on but this might just be at low volumes.

jimilee

Those look great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Nice! They all look fantastic. The Demo Tape Fuzz and Timmy are two of the best sounding pedals I've built.

Vero is really nice to work with. If I hadn't discovered board mounted pots I'd probably never use pcbs.

Luke51411

These are all sick! I especially love the first one.

oip

thankyou!

yeah so far vero is a stack of fun, love how immediate it is too.  i do want to try designing some PCBs though it's  much neater and hot damn the offboard wiring.

Aleph Null

oip

hah, thanks!  go for it, it's fun!  if a little messy and slightly frustrating.  i haven't been able to get the ridiculously clean results i've seen around but kinda like the rough around the edges look.  getting the toner transfer perfect is a little maddening. 

Boba7

Beautiful builds! I particularly like the Lunar Module and the reverb.

For the 9mm pots you could just glue them to the enclosure if you're sure all is well. Never done it myself, just an idea. I once tries a small perf daughterboard for that type of 9mm pots but it didnt work out

oip

thankyou!

the pots gave me a headache - didn't even think of gluing, maybe hot glue?  would possibly have to primer the inside of the enclosure.  at the moment i've 'solved' it by cutting a little wooden block from a pencil sharpener which braces the looser pot against the back plate.  seems to work.  not particularly elegant  :-[

daughter board was my other plan, i feel like if it was big enough and i mounted all the pots to it, the locking of the large pots would be enough to secure the small ones.  lot of work to etch a PCB and rebuild the board though.  maybe next time.