News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ibanez CS9

Started by Bio77, June 27, 2022, 06:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

So, after my recent success with the Ibanez BC9 Bi-mode Chorus, I decided to revisit my original CS9 project and resolve some mistakes I made in the first design.  This version is just a simple CS9 clone with an added vibrato mod (dry kill).   This is the 6th CS9 derived circuit I've built, so, I think I'm good on this one for the rest of my life  ;D

I repurposed the box from my version 1 build.  It's a no-film on a Tayda powder coat.

benny_profane

Gorgeous. Killer work! Glad you were able to sort out the issues on this one!

jimilee

Fancy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Spiffin' top shelf stuff! Very cool!  8)
BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

Thanks guys!  8)

This is one of my favorite circuits.  I really appreciate the gate in the design. I've been wondering if maybe adding it to something like a flanger might be cool.  I use flanger on my bass and it's always bugged me to hear the LFO whining when I stop playing.  The A/DA is the only flanger I'm aware of with a gate.   

zombie_rock123

I've likely said this before but the design is amazing, really enjoy it. The knob choice sets it off a treat.

Didn't know this had a gate, I always wondered if the Bad Stone had a gate due to how the LFO sounded when it kicked in with playing. Schematic says no but it seems to restart the LFO each time. Gonna need to check this one out!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

storyboardist

Great build and great looking layout too. I need to mess around more with choruses... chori?
Guy behind Effects Layouts

gordo

The color is a cool nod to the original as well.  Very nice indeed.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bio77

Thanks, fellas!  8)

Quote from: storyboardist on June 30, 2022, 07:19:08 PM
Great build and great looking layout too. I need to mess around more with choruses... chori?
This one is very close to a CE-2 (one I know you've done, recently), the important exceptions being the adjustable clock frequency and the noise gate on the delay line. 

blackhatboojum

Hot damn  ;D!  This is cool as hell.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

zombiesonore

Great build indeed! And a really great PCB design. You've become a KiCAD master ! 
I've always regret my original CS-9...
Could you please share you're schematic ?

Bret608

Looks great and I can't wait to build one of these up too! I very well may borrow your artwork as well.  ;)

Bio77

Quote from: zombiesonore on July 01, 2022, 05:27:51 AM
Great build indeed! And a really great PCB design. You've become a KiCAD master ! 
I've always regret my original CS-9...
Could you please share you're schematic ?
Sure thing, I can send you files or a board if you want.  PM me.

Quote from: Bret608 on July 01, 2022, 03:33:12 PM
Looks great and I can't wait to build one of these up too! I very well may borrow your artwork as well.  ;)
Thanks, Bret!  You're more than welcome to use what ever. 

benny_profane

Quote from: Bret608 on July 01, 2022, 03:33:12 PM
The artwork really is great.

zombiesonore

<squeaky voice> Thankyouverymuch </squeaky voice>
I'll pm you.