News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Never lost with a big knob

Started by gordo, June 28, 2014, 03:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

OK, cheesy subject line but I got these knobs from BLMS and was going to use them as the two outside freq pots so I could tune them with my foot.  Looked pretty stupid with normal Davies in all other positions so I swapped them all out and voila.  Still not convinced it's worth the extra 10 lbs of knobs but it's an interesting look.  The decal is dead stock Juansolo 1590BB portrait with added boxes (thanks Juan), and the board is GPCB Dual Voice Filter.  Crafty (if heavy handed - no complaints) cocked wah circuit that's capable of a ton of whacko or not-so-whacko sounds.  Sort of a ChopShop/Harmonic Energizer on steroids. Note all the fried pads as I replaced wires to the offboard stuff.  This was one of those projects that everything went wrong.  Real happy with results though, and the jury is still out on the knobs...

Oh, did I mention that I mis-drilled a 125B enclosure?

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

gordo

Also note that I've officially run out of white powder coat.  I'm sufficiently confident with my powder coat abilities to branch out to other colors.  Sweet.  For any of you out there that are holding back...Harbor Freight gun and a cheapo toaster oven and you're off to the races.  And a compressor but very low pressure so cheapo across the board.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Leevibe

Are you kidding? I love those knobs! I say it's cool.

lincolnic

Yeah, you've got to keep those knobs.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: lincolnic on June 28, 2014, 04:15:19 AM
Yeah, you've got to keep those knobs.

I agree.. I would definitely rock that. Looks great.

Cody

jimilee

Screwing don't the knobs must have been a project in itself. I say leave it as it is man. Never open it again! Nicely done sir
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Stomptown

Dude... The knobs lood radical! Don't change a thing.  8)

flanagan0718

Well done. Never thought I'd say this to another man but... Nice knobs! Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jimilee

Quote from: jimilee on June 28, 2014, 06:04:11 AM
Screwing down the knobs must have been a project in itself. I say leave it as it is man. Never open it again! Nicely done sir
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

chuckbuick

Sweet!  Another vote for keeping those knobs.  It looks great.

m-Kresol

That looks perfect as it is. Leave it this way!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials