News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

identify mojo diodes

Started by artstomp, April 25, 2013, 10:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artstomp

..hey guys...could you pls identify any of these diodes. ???..got a handful of them on my closet...maybe you have encountered them in your pedal building...one of them could be the TS808 ma150...tnx in advance..

ch1naski

I'm no expert, but the bottom pic looks like 1n34a's

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

midwayfair

Post their Fv.

Chances are slim to none that they will be identifyable, but I can at least tell you what they'll be close to.

artstomp

...tnx guys..the ff: are the vf

(1) 0.477 - 0.479
(2) 0.486 - 0.497
(3) 0.484 - 0.487
(4) 0.497 - 0.503
(5) 0.229 -0.248

midwayfair

The last one's most likely russian, D9B or D9V or similar. Those are usually marked with red bands and the Fv is in that range.

Since they're mostly silicon, I wouldn't fuss over it too much. MA150 are just 1n4148, which are just 1N914. They're all "equivalent" diodes and in my experience are indistinguishable. I think I've seen 1N914 like #2.

#4 COULD be Zener. I'm not entirely certain how to measure that except to set it up in a way that would shunt off voltage.

artstomp

...thanks a lot Jon...you really are ever reliable...i'll just play with them and see if they are like the in4148s...thanks again!....

aballen

bottom ones are definately 1n34A, I have a handful of those myself.

artstomp

aballen

to be more specific these are the ones I have they are identical.
http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=322

Steve calls the "work-alike"... so not actually 1n34a, but good enough in my book

artstomp

midwayfair

Quote from: aballen on April 27, 2013, 02:08:55 PM
to be more specific these are the ones I have they are identical.
http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=322

Steve calls the "work-alike"... so not actually 1n34a, but good enough in my book

Steve's work alikes can be any number of different part types; I have a bag full of them and none are red.

I've also noticed that all clip closer to .26v, which is a full .1v lower than any 1n34A I've ever encountered. So what I'm saying is, it's by no means a foregone conclusion that they're 1N34A and unlikely given the Fv (unless the op has a known 1n34A to compare Fv with -- his multimeter seems to read lower than mine).

garfo

+1
Quote from: ch1naski on April 25, 2013, 12:05:23 PM
I'm no expert, but the bottom pic looks like 1n34a's

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

artstomp