News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My new toy...

Started by jonrhee, February 11, 2012, 02:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonrhee

Got this in the mail yesterday. It's the most pedal friendly amp i've ever heard. Should be a blast for demo videos

DutchMF

Really nice amp, man! You'll be having a lot of fun with that over the weekend  ;) BTW: what are you gonna put in that cabinet?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

nzCdog

Ettore_M

Nice! I  like this a lot! What's the wattage of this beast? It seems it's a little one. Single ended?  And is this a 2x12 or 2x10 cabinet?
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jonrhee

It's a 2x12. I have a Vintage 30 in it at the moment and hoping to add a Celestion Gold soon. It's 45w surprisingly. From what I've read it's not Class A but it sounds really Vox-y. I think the Celestion will add to that. The sound is kind of between a Vox and a Hiwatt, but more Vox at the volumes I've been using it at.
It loves pedals. I've never heard a tubescreamer sound better.

pickdropper

Very nice.  I can really appreciate that it is pedal friendly.

I need to come up with a pedal-friendly amp for my office.  I've got a couple of Blackfaces in here (that I love), but they are lousy with most dirt pedals.  To really test them out, I usually haul the pedals to work to use on the Mesa or downstairs on the Fatboy (if the rest of the family isn't in the living room).  Bummer since the office is my primary practicing area/evil laboratory.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jonrhee

I've always liked blackface Fenders. I considered a silverface twin for a while but had read mixed reviews in how they accepted pedals and this was only a couple hundred more.

pickdropper

Quote from: jonrhee on February 12, 2012, 04:29:31 PM
I've always liked blackface Fenders. I considered a silverface twin for a while but had read mixed reviews in how they accepted pedals and this was only a couple hundred more.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love Blackface Fenders when I want that tone.  I just don't find them all that friendly to overdrive/distortion pedals.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper