News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

...and there's more

Started by juansolo, December 07, 2014, 05:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Misery Machine II

A Frantone Peach Fuzz built on a Bajaman layout, etched by Haberdasher. It's a bit of a like for like layout clone so it's got all the switching there that I've omitted and the mad huge cap which is a bit overkill for the fuzz on it's own. But I had one and it fit nice, so it's there anyhow.

Really impressed with this one. Something different just when you thought you'd heard all there was to do with a fuzz.

In a recycled enclosure with a recycled decal, hence it might look a little familiar.

Tusk2

Still motoring through our batch of proto boards. I've made three with the old decal on to sell for capacitor money. The decal doesn't work as well with this layout so I'll have to find something else for the last few.

Ended up going to the swapped resistors and 3n9 combo on the tone. Sounds very much the same as the 8n2 in the middle of the dial, makes it nicer at the ends though.

Moodring

Bean's reverb with a delay. It's does it's thang and does it rather well!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

cooder

Those look just fantastic again...  8) Dig the graphics, especially on the fuzz and the moodring.
You simply have got it nailed, John!
BigNoise Amplification

flanagan0718

Love the moodring design. They all look fantastic tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juansolo

Kicked myself for forgetting to sand and polish the top of the Moodring. Pic lost a bit of detail because of that. Still looks pretty good though.

cooder

... and it seems that your lightbox for taking photos is back in action?!?
Cojuld you actually let us know some details about the light box that you're using and how you've set it up?
You photography brings out the pedals superbly...
BigNoise Amplification

juansolo

Quote from: cooder on December 07, 2014, 06:21:42 PM
... and it seems that your lightbox for taking photos is back in action?!?
Cojuld you actually let us know some details about the light box that you're using and how you've set it up?
You photography brings out the pedals superbly...

£10 light tent I got from Maplins in the UK. You can get similar from Amazon.

I've got a pair of proper lamps coming for it, at the moment it's using a single fluorescent desk lamp that's way too bright and therefore keeps causing me reflection issues as I have to shine it in the top. The two I should be able to space out a bit and get a much more even light... In theory...

cooder

Great, I would be interested to hear how you like the new setup with the lamps once you've used it a bit and what lamps they are.
I don't have a light tent yet but thought about getting/making one.
What camera and lens are you using, just out of interest?
The big fellow in red is bringing me a new one I've heard the grapevine, quite looking forward to it.
Mine will be a Canon EOS 100D. Fairly compact, as I do outdoor stuff as well :)
BigNoise Amplification

juansolo

Lamps I've ordered are these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PC039KG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Light tent is the same style as this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Phot-R®-Professional-40x40x40cm-Includes-Backdrops/dp/B00II2HWLM/ref=sr_1_21?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1417986625&sr=1-21&keywords=light+tent

Which folds up when not in use.

Camera is a Nikon D40 with the freebie lens it came with. I've only got one posh lens and that's for outdoor stuff (and cost 3x what the camera did).

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Hogharry

I thought I'd sen that fuzz decal before! Actually I rather like the box texture coming through the decals, so I'm never sure whether to bother polishing them or not.

I have a similar sized cheepo light box and a pair of spirally lamps on full size stands, which is good for small shiny stuff. Hitting the box at an angle form each side seems to work well and I have daylight temperature lamps that help to keep the colours right. I find I have to have the lights fairly close to the box to get it bright enough. Flash would probably be brighter but the continuous lights make it easy to set up and see what's going on. I wish I had space to leave it all set up all the time.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

juansolo

Quote from: Hogharry on December 08, 2014, 12:08:23 AM
I thought I'd sen that fuzz decal before! Actually I rather like the box texture coming through the decals, so I'm never sure whether to bother polishing them or not.

Depends on the decal for me as to whether it gets sanded/polished or not. Essentially if it really should be on white, it'll get done. Otherwise I usually leave them as I really like the texture of the Camden Boss boxes.

Quote from: Hogharry on December 08, 2014, 12:08:23 AM
I have a similar sized cheepo light box and a pair of spirally lamps on full size stands, which is good for small shiny stuff. Hitting the box at an angle form each side seems to work well and I have daylight temperature lamps that help to keep the colours right. I find I have to have the lights fairly close to the box to get it bright enough. Flash would probably be brighter but the continuous lights make it easy to set up and see what's going on. I wish I had space to leave it all set up all the time.

Same issues and exactly what I want to do. Firing the flash through the top is far too difficult to get the reflections right as stomps tend to be ultra-reflective. Constant light is the way to go and I was hoping to use two shining down at something like 45 degrees. At the moment I've just got an insanely bright desk lamp that goes through the top, causing me a lot of issues that a flash does.

Considering I ordered them over a week ago, I was hoping the new lamps would have turned up by now. Still, they might be here for The Kitteh Cannon ;)

Hogharry

Mine are pretty hot and I expected 45 degrees down would be,right but they need to be closer to the box than I expected. They end up angled down through the top front quarter of each side. It yours are the spiral low energy type then they are pretty fragile. Don't ask how I found out...
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

pickdropper

These builds are pretty nice, too.

As expected.  :-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper