News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A few of my builds, hello!

Started by skullservant, July 30, 2012, 03:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullservant

Thank you!

And yeah, I usually play each pedal ALOT when I first make it to memorize what each knob does. I also try to stick to common layouts for pedals and mimic existing knob layouts- for Muffs, I stick to Volume Sustain Tone, for delays I do mix then time etc.

It's a little funny when I build for friends, cause they have no clue what everything does. But by not labeling anything, I think it just makes them experiment more and see for themself what each knob does!

pickdropper

Hey, more power to you if you can remember everything. 

Cool builds.  Welcome to the forum.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

skullservant

skullservant

Working on a bass-friendly RAT (from the RUNT PCB) for my bass board. It'll be a total of 6 knobs- volume, pregain, gain, cut, blend, and the Ruetz mod. (Adding the pregain knob because I totally ordered a 6 knob enclosure from Mammoth instead of a 5 knob. DOH)

Here's the populated boards. Was a bit of a dummy and didn't order a radial cap for the 1uf cap for whatever reason.

icecycle66

"Working on a bass-friendly RAT"

You have my attention.

What other bass friendly pedals do you have?

njkke

AMAZING!
I'm really interested in your theremin... where did you buy the pcb? project?

madbean

Great stuff here! I really like how you went the extra mile on these builds and put in your own ideas. That's what it's all about. The Orange Drop Muff is pretty wicked.

guycapuano

skullservant

Quote from: icecycle66 on July 31, 2012, 07:13:46 PM
"Working on a bass-friendly RAT"

You have my attention.

What other bass friendly pedals do you have?

This is my first adventure into the 'bass friendly' world, although I would really like to venture more into it. I think RATs sound SO good on bass, and the clean blend would not only allow me to keep a lot of low end, but allow me to also blend different fuzzes into it and retain their characteristics well!

Quote from: njkke on July 31, 2012, 11:01:13 PM
AMAZING!
I'm really interested in your theremin... where did you buy the pcb? project?

I breadboarded it from this schematic and then added my own mods to it as I went:

Quote from: madbean on August 01, 2012, 12:24:36 AM
Great stuff here! I really like how you went the extra mile on these builds and put in your own ideas. That's what it's all about. The Orange Drop Muff is pretty wicked.

Thanks Brian!! It means a lot. The Orange Drop Muff sounded killer, although I think I could have increased the output capacitor, it wasn't nearly as loud as my original Sovtek Civil War, but I did have to fudge some values to get them pretty close with what Mammoth had at the time

Quote from: guycapuano on August 01, 2012, 02:18:43 AM
Wow some very cool stuff here!

Thank you very much  ;D

raulduke

Yep really cool builds mate, and welcome!

I may have to build one of those theremin/ATP thingies for myself.

Noisemakers FTW!

TNblueshawk

Good grief these are just some great builds in here.

And when you get as old as me you better label those damn knobs :o I can barely remember what I did last weekend  :P
John

skullservant

Thanks to both of you!

I think the theremin would benefit from going through a pickup simulator to go from line level to instrument level. Sometimes it gets a little unbearably loud, but totally cool and spacy with delay!

And TN- it was funny, I went to do a demo of the Tap Tempo Tremolo over the weekend, and I was listing each knob, and it was HILARIOUS. Rate, Depth, uh... erm... BLEND

TNblueshawk

With respect to the theramin a dude over at BYOC, Insonicbloom, designed a circuit and fabbed some boards. There were a couple cool links on it over there somewhere if you were ever interested. Don't know if anything would be on point for you though. He might even have a few left if anyone is interested.
John

skullservant

Oh cool! I'll have to look into it and the schematic he's using and possibly a board just to try it out. They're definitely fun little toys. I like making them with speakers in them so I can take them out and show them to friends and have them play them!

mshuptar

Cool sketch of J. Mascis on the inside of the Fuzz Factory! Awesome!