News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SHO Boost

Started by eddiebeer, August 16, 2014, 10:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddiebeer

Had this little kit lying around for some time & finally decided to torture my vision with this tiny build.  It sounds killer - even has the scratchy pot effect when adjusting the boost level.  Cheers

bcalla

Nice work!  And a great name, given the size.

m-Kresol

that looks fantastic!

and sorry for this, but it has been buggering me for a while now: I have no clue about what "SHO" is supposed to mean and google turned out pretty much blank on that topic. Enlighten me please?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Soup39

wgc

Looks great!  How'd you do the graphics and clear coat?
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

midwayfair

Quote from: m-Kresol on August 17, 2014, 09:06:58 AMit has been buggering me for a while now [...] what "SHO" is supposed to mean

This ... this may be one of the world's most appropriate typos given what SHO stands for. (I know you're from Austria, so I included a link.)

m-Kresol

oops. obviously I meant to say "bugging" :)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

eddiebeer

Thanks folks. @wgc, I printed the graphics on waterslide decal stock with an inkjet. I cleared it using a rattle can in the backyard.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ggarms

I too am having the scratchy pot issue with this build. Can't figure it out....

davent

If it's the standard SHO build it's suppose to have a scratchy gain pot.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

eddiebeer

@davent is correct... Scratchy is supposed to happen

davent

And Eddiebeer, very nice build! Perfect circuit for an 'a' box.

Have seen a schematic for someone's modded version of the SHO that claims to eliminate the scratchy pot but haven't built or read any reports on it.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

eddiebeer

Thanks davent. It almost made me blind trying to stuff everything