Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

Clean guts. I like.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

midwayfair

Does the LED color really have that great an effect on the sound, even given the wave knob? I'm asking because I've used a vactrol twice now and mainly I just got a difference in the extreme of the chop, which is a product of the on/off resistance.

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on August 18, 2012, 01:12:21 AM
Does the LED color really have that great an effect on the sound, even given the wave knob? I'm asking because I've used a vactrol twice now and mainly I just got a difference in the extreme of the chop, which is a product of the on/off resistance.

I don't see how it could.  The on/off resistance of the LDR would seem to be where it's at.

What I am planning on doing is seeing what the change is in the on/off resistance (if any) with different LEDs and the same LDR.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GrindCustoms

The difference i noticed is when i want the trem to be really choppy and deep.

With a red led i always had a leak in the background of the sound, not with the orange.

And for some particular setting, the green compared to the orange, made the trem have a different «sweep», it just sounded softer.......

I have to say that it's not all my led that have the same mcd rate, so maybe that makes more difference than the color itself.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

pickdropper

Quote from: GrindCustoms on August 18, 2012, 02:12:06 AM
The difference i noticed is when i want the trem to be really choppy and deep.

With a red led i always had a leak in the background of the sound, not with the orange.

And for some particular setting, the green compared to the orange, made the trem have a different «sweep», it just sounded softer.......

I have to say that it's not all my led that have the same mcd rate, so maybe that makes more difference than the color itself.

That's interesting.  Did you measure the resistance of the LDR with both the red and the orange LEDs?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GrindCustoms

Nope, but i could!

I'll try to get at it later today, got a bunch of things to do.....
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

bigmufffuzzwizz

That is so tidy inside. I'm can't figure out how you got all that wiring for the pots hidden under there, and the knobs are not in the order I expected!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals