News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stargazer 1590A

Started by Rockhorst, December 08, 2013, 01:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhorst

My first 1590A build pedal build! I've done things like a Road Rage in a 1590A before, but this is the first real pedal! Now, it pales compared to some 1590As I've seen in this place, but it's a start. It's a 1-knob Fuzz Face with Germanium OC141s.

croquet hoop

It looks great! I love how everything fits inside, there is not much room for error, but it shows that everything was well planned. Good job.

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

midwayfair

Excellent work, and an auspicious 1590A debut. :)

DutchMF

Very nice Rocky! Very neat wiring, clean inside and out. Only one thing left to ask: where did you get that cool enclosure?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

micromegas

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Rockhorst

@DutchMF: bought a 1590A @ Banzai and experimented with Hammerite Hammertone paint. The silver grey seems to give the best, deepest hammer effect, blue is also nice, copper and gold are so so (not so deep) and red is almost flat when it dries. I first applied it with a roller, but I've now found out that dabbing it on with a foam brush gives the best result. Must give the red a go again with a foam brush. Wrote the text on with a Posca paint marker from the art store and then clear coated with a spray can. Good luck ;)

I've made some adjustments to the PCB design after this test by the way. The wiring could've been neater if I had positioned the jacks a little closer to the top. The wires sort of get crushed between the jack and the 3pdt, so next time, I'll give them a little more room or route them over the top. Still, very pleased, and it sounds huge.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Vice/President

Digging that big knob!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

That's a great first 1590a build (well, even if it wasn't your first).

Dig the full size enclosed jacks.  :-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Rockhorst

Gee, thanks for all the kind words, very encouraging. I have some more 1590As planned (in fact, I've got a very pedal minded Christmas break planned ;D), but all relatively small circuits. Once I get comfortable with those, I'll try something more challenging, but that might take another season or two.

@Pickdropper: I'm quite pleased with those enclosed jacks, might start using them in regular sized pedals too.