News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Inspired by Brian's generosity and want to see if we can do more together.

Started by matmosphere, March 08, 2022, 10:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should we call this?

Decent Noise
0 (0%)
Svoboda Pedalworks
2 (12.5%)
Sovereign Stompboxes  or Sovereignty Stompworks.
1 (6.3%)
Pedals for People, or Pedal Aid
2 (12.5%)
Pedals For Ukraine
11 (68.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: March 13, 2022, 10:44:06 AM

benny_profane

Quote from: matmosphere on March 21, 2022, 09:16:03 AM
I'd also still like to do stickers, I might look into a place to order them, but I would need some help from someone in the states to split them up and send them to everyone. If somebody would be willing to do that I'll try to figure out a place to get them.
Has there been any movement here? Folks that have made store stickers (e.g., Brian and David), what services have you used? I typically go with a local printshop. Does it make sense to have someone organize it, then have a distribution sheet made up?

matmosphere

Quote from: benny_profane on March 23, 2022, 06:53:15 PM
I'd also still like to do stickers, I might look into a place to order them, but I would need some help from someone in the states to split them up and send them to everyone. If somebody would be willing to do that I'll try to figure out a place to get them.
Has there been any movement here? Folks that have made store stickers (e.g., Brian and David), what services have you used? I typically go with a local printshop. Does it make sense to have someone organize it, then have a distribution sheet made up?

No, I have been spending a decent amount of time corresponding with people and starting to get things moving on the instagram so I haven't been able to. I was hoping to get to it, but haven't been able to. I think I'm going to need someone else to take the lead on that if possible. I'll definitely chip in though.

EBK

Uh.. I accidentally missed an important detail of this project.  The pedal I had planned to contribute does not have Ukraine-inspired artwork.  :-[ Hopefully, I will have time to build something else.
I have a couple builds that need enclosures, so maybe one of them will become my contribution.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

matmosphere

Quote from: EBK on March 23, 2022, 11:29:56 PM
Uh.. I accidentally missed an important detail of this project.  The pedal I had planned to contribute does not have Ukraine-inspired artwork.  :-[ Hopefully, I will have time to build something else.
I have a couple builds that need enclosures, so maybe one of them will become my contribution.

Nah, don't sweat it. The artwork theme is not a must by far. I have several that do not have themed artwork in the pipeline and every little bit helps

madbean

The project I had intended to use for this didn't work out (serious bugs). So, I need to pick out something else and STAT. Taking suggestions!

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on March 23, 2022, 11:38:37 PM
The project I had intended to use for this didn't work out (serious bugs). So, I need to pick out something else and STAT. Taking suggestions!
Awesome new cave dweller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Quote from: madbean on March 23, 2022, 11:38:37 PM

Dirtbaby!!!!

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on March 23, 2022, 11:58:23 PM

That might be quite cool. Doing a hand made PCB  along with handmade/etched artwork would certainly make it unique.

Quote from: jjjimi84 on March 24, 2022, 12:07:20 AM
Dirtbaby!!!!

Tempting, but the Dirtbaby2 is not complete yet. Coming soon, but not ready for prime time.

benny_profane

Quote from: matmosphere on March 23, 2022, 09:18:57 PM
Quote from: benny_profane on March 23, 2022, 06:53:15 PM

No, I have been spending a decent amount of time corresponding with people and starting to get things moving on the instagram so I haven't been able to. I was hoping to get to it, but haven't been able to. I think I'm going to need someone else to take the lead on that if possible. I'll definitely chip in though.

I could handle the stickers. I'd need to get a spreadsheet going to distribute them (names, addresses, etc.). I think the best bet in terms of time would be to have my local shop do them and I could send them out to everyone. What size are people thinking? How many would everyone want? Once I have that stuff I could get a quote.

matmosphere

Hey everyone, just a quick update, first three auctions are going. I think I've got 7-8 more pedals that are ready to go or close to ready.

If anyone wants to do a quick profile with the questions earlier in this thread and send a couple pics (workspace, pedals, guitars.. whatever) that would be cool. I'm trying to post a profile one day and an auction the next to keep a steady flow of content. Once I hear more about timelines from everyone I'll speed up posting auctions.

Quote from: madbean on March 24, 2022, 01:53:52 AM
Quote from: jimilee on March 23, 2022, 11:58:23 PM

That might be quite cool. Doing a hand made PCB  along with handmade/etched artwork would certainly make it unique.

That's a great idea!! I have it on good authority that the guy running this thing might need to find a proxy to bid for him if that happens.  ;)

jimilee

I got no social media, so I'll reach out to someone when I have a pedal to contribute.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

fig

I have no social media accounts either, but I'd like to contribute. I saw Brian was putting up some, so when one of his goes up, I bid $333.

Will that work?
I'm lookin' for this place called Lee Ho Fooks

peccary

I'm working on mine right now (literally, I'm standing here blow drying the decal as I type this). I'll send you a profile within a few days.

Thanks again for handling all of this.

matmosphere

Guys this response is awesome. We've already got more than $500 donated and two live auctions.

I started a new thread that condenses most of the info here, so please check it out. The info is all here but since it is spread out over several pages I'm trying to make it easier to find. I'll be making updates there periodically.

This has turned into a larger project than I thought it would, but if we can raise some money it is 100% worth it, you guys rule!!

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=33668.0

Quote from: fig on March 26, 2022, 06:56:49 PM
I have no social media accounts either, but I'd like to contribute. I saw Brian was putting up some, so when one of his goes up, I bid $333.

Will that work?

I don't know that I can compete with that but if Brian does the new Cave Dweller I would be tempted to try.

Quote from: jimilee on March 26, 2022, 05:42:15 PM
I got no social media, so I'll reach out to someone when I have a pedal to contribute.

No problem, just shoot me an email. We don't have any phaser's yet.... (just kidding)