News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Effectslayouts.com Black and Tan

Started by jjjimi84, March 23, 2022, 03:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here it is! It is hump day and I am pumped to be showing off this build! When that EQD Grey Channel came out I thought it looked cool but wasn't to interested in the 250 circuit. Then I made and played the VFE D3 and my eyes have been opened. I built this Cat a while back and finally got around to filming a video. Hope you all dig it!

[youtube width=540]https://youtu.be/YlNN1lSFEjU[/youtube]

Thewintersoldier

The paint job is siiiiiiicccccckkkkkkk. Another great video too.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

Great video, Dan!  It was your Distortion 3 video that turned me on to that circuit and I'm a convert.  I'll have to check this one out, too!

jjjimi84

Thank You Gentlemen, that D3 is such a killer pedal!

Tremster

Very nicely done!

However, it is beyond me why two circuits in one pedal with two footswitches can't be stacked. One footswitch is on/off, the other selects the circuit. Too bad that the wire pads on the PCB aren't labelled In, Out etc., but A,B,C, so it's not that easy to figure out which is which, so you could wire the two circuits individually. Some great PCBs from Effectslayouts, but this one would be a deal breaker, sorry.

storyboardist

Great looking build and a great video too. Honored to be featured on your channel again, Dan!

Quote from: Tremster on March 24, 2022, 09:19:00 AM
However, it is beyond me why two circuits in one pedal with two footswitches can't be stacked. One footswitch is on/off, the other selects the circuit. Too bad that the wire pads on the PCB aren't labelled In, Out etc., but A,B,C, so it's not that easy to figure out which is which, so you could wire the two circuits individually. Some great PCBs from Effectslayouts, but this one would be a deal breaker, sorry.

You could always ask which pads do what if you'd rather have the circuits independent. I don't bite.  ;)
A - Tan input
B - Tan output
C- Black input
D - Black output
G - ground
V - +9V

(Also if you look at the schematic, the pads are labeled there)
Guy behind Effects Layouts

gordo

Great vid as always.  Some cool sounds as always.  That guitar never fails to slay me.

Your playing has taken a positive turn too.  Pulling some pretty tastey licks outta nowhere. I love these videos.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

Quote from: storyboardist on March 24, 2022, 03:54:07 PM
Great looking build and a great video too. Honored to be featured on your channel again, Dan!

Quote from: Tremster on March 24, 2022, 09:19:00 AM

You could always ask which pads do what if you'd rather have the circuits independent. I don't bite.  ;)
A - Tan input
B - Tan output
C- Black input
D - Black output
G - ground
V - +9V

(Also if you look at the schematic, the pads are labeled there)

Thanks for that info! I have quite a bit more in the works coming from you. That transmogrifying repeater is a beautifully wild delay.

I could be wrong tremster but i believe the intention was to pay ho,age to the eqd grey channel which is wired the same way. I have never thought to stack 250s but am going to give it a whirl. I usually stack two different drives never the same, am i alone?

Thank you all for the kind words! Gordo I changed up how Iam doing these videos and actually warming up a bit and doung what I love which is improv and then edit it down to the gooder bits. Right, gooder.

storyboardist

100% gooder. It's a technical term  ;D
Guy behind Effects Layouts

fig

I'm lookin' for this place called Lee Ho Fooks

fig

Huge fan, Dan.
You know you are the man.
You even play better than me,
Whilst sitting on your can.

Your licks are smooth,
Your chords so clean,
I'm so happy to see you all here,
Over at MadBean!
I'm lookin' for this place called Lee Ho Fooks

jjjimi84

Quote from: fig on March 26, 2022, 12:46:58 AM
Huge fan, Dan.

Your licks are smooth,
Your chords so clean,
Over at MadBean!

Tim, you are one of a kind sir!

jimilee

Quote from: fig on March 26, 2022, 12:46:58 AM
Huge fan, Dan.

Your licks are smooth,
Your chords so clean,
Over at MadBean!
Nice, now, put music to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.