News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rat Rod

Started by Matt, June 02, 2014, 02:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Just finished this up tonight. I wasn't going to post this but after seeing the antipickdropper I figured why not, they don't all have to look pretty.  I salvaged a failed project enclosure by using jb weld to fill in the old holes.  I tried to stick to the theme so the labeling is kind of a stretch.
Choke is filter
Governor is gain
Throttle is the level
Idle is reutz (this is the one that doesn't make a whole lot of sense)
Lo is clipping diodes in the feedback loop
Drive is normal diodes to ground

I'm going to make a couple of changes, the reutz doesn't do much for me as is.  I'm going to put a 1k across the pot to cut it down to 500ohms. And I'm going to make the "Lo" mode asymmetrical, I might even use mosfets to really make it stand out.
Matt

alanp

I like this one :) You've got a theme, and it works well here!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

MarcFive

8)Hey, mine was a salvaged enclosure too. That's what gave me the idea. Rat Rod is a cool theme, I probably should have gone that route, but I ended up with D.O.G. Distortion, Overdrive, Gain...and Dog being an animal other than Rat,
went with Bark as Vol., Bite as Distortion, Yelp as High Cut, Howl as the bass sweep. What board is that?
Cool Build.

Matt

Quote from: alanp on June 02, 2014, 02:45:56 AM
I like this one :) You've got a theme, and it works well here!
Hey thanks!  Had the idea in my head for a while but when I realized I could jb weld the old holes on that enclosure I decided it was time to make this project a reality.

Quote from: MarcFive on June 02, 2014, 04:27:51 AM
8)Hey, mine was a salvaged enclosure too. That's what gave me the idea. Rat Rod is a cool theme, I probably should have gone that route, but I ended up with D.O.G. Distortion, Overdrive, Gain...and Dog being an animal other than Rat,
went with Bark as Vol., Bite as Distortion, Yelp as High Cut, Howl as the bass sweep. What board is that?
Cool Build.

Haha, nothing wrong with that!  I've got a few other butchered enclosures laying around that will soon get put to use. 

Where did you get the dies?  I Like that idea, i thought about doing something that and then filling the impressions with paint. I have access to an engraver but have been too lazy to mess with it.

I did a layout with eagle and had it Oshed.  It's a bit of an addiction.... As if building pedals alone wasn't enough!
Matt

MarcFive

I got them at either Pine Cone Lumber, in Sunnyvale Ca. or Orchard Supply in like 1982. I bought them to make key tags. So this makes two times I've used them in 32 years.