News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Superjudge

Started by juansolo, March 02, 2014, 05:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

This all started when we had a Rust Driver in for repair, which we liked. Then Phil wanted one, but one that was more open. So we created the Rusty Sheriff mods. This is the circuit taken even further still, doubling the headroom and adding tone and gain controls. All rise for the SuperJudge!

It's a bit tight at the ends, but it does go and it just fits sideways in a 1590B. The tone and vol controls are quite interactive. It's mainly to tame the top end as it was with the switch on the original. So the more vol, the more you'll want to dial back the tone.

This pedal supports the Make a Dredd sequel campaign. Sign the official petition and subscribe to the Facebook group. Because the world needs more Dredd.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Ettore_M

I knew it! I knew it would be Judge Dredd themed!  ;D

Love him! Loved the last movie!  :)

Great build too!  ;) Well done!

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

jubal81

Niiiice. Looks as tough as it sounds.

BTW, don't listen to Juan. Crank that treble and tickle your inner ear till the blood flows.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

juansolo

LOL, indeed, there's quite a lot of output to go at too if you want to make your ears bleed...

billstein

Now if you could just get that internal wiring cleaned up. :) really nice build.

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

LaceSensor

m-Kresol

That looks really nice. Love the finish as usual. I'm admiring it even more as I tried my first decal transfer and envirotex today. Kudos!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

G.G.

sorry for the necro-bump guys! Juan, I got your vero layout for this and was going to build it up. Can you tell me what the little arrows are below the 47k at the right hand side?

thanks!
Gray

twin1965

LED's?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

G.G.

that would make sense, thanks! I was thrown by the schematic icons I guess, plus they're sort of covered up.

juansolo

Yep we used 3mm red LEDs as clippers. I'll fix the links also as everything's moved to new hosting.

flanagan0718

Juan, I love the comic book art! Do you use waterslides, if so what paper do you use?

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

juansolo

Quote from: flanagan0718 on July 16, 2014, 12:35:13 PM
Juan, I love the comic book art! Do you use waterslides, if so what paper do you use?

Adhesive 'paper' (it's actually a film). Not all of them are the same and the stuff I'm using currently is a bit pricey. So try a few things and see what works best. Details are in the finishing tutorial on my site.