News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Flame Driver

Started by AntKnee, April 22, 2015, 09:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

Here's my tube driver build. My dad and I are car freaks, we love working on them, making them better and faster. It seemed only fitting to ask him if he'd like to paint a few enclosures for me. This is the first of a few we will likely do together. Yes, its the old school flame technique: tape, cut outlines, spray, dry, remove, re-tape, cut outlines, spray, dry, remove, etc.

I ended up using an RCA 12AU7. I like it way more than the AT or the AX in this build. It took some trial and error with the caps, but I got it tame enough for me to call it finished. I still don't know what I will use to protect the tube. Still looking for the perfect accent there. A U-bolt or circular guard isn't going to work for me in this case.

I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

Willybomb

QuoteI still don't know what I will use to protect the tube. Still looking for the perfect accent there. A U-bolt or circular guard isn't going to work for me in this case.
Something along the lines of Hot-Rod exhausts... I'm thinking the Chevy Impala from Mad Max

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

AntKnee

Quote from: Willybomb on April 22, 2015, 10:01:31 PM
QuoteI still don't know what I will use to protect the tube. Still looking for the perfect accent there. A U-bolt or circular guard isn't going to work for me in this case.
Something along the lines of Hot-Rod exhausts... I'm thinking the Chevy Impala from Mad Max

I had the same thought. Something that looks like a chrome side-exhaust pipe guard might be cool.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

bcalla

selfdestroyer

PhiloB

Super
Cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

TGP39

This is awesome Anthony! I vote for making the tube look like a gear shift knob!

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

jimilee

Bad ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

billstein

Nice build. I bet you can play really fast when that's turned on.

pryde

wgc

Killer, love those flames!

You should do a roll cage for the tube.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

nzCdog

Lubdar

I like all that red a lot!, I like how it flows over the edge as well!!
If i understand correctly you masked an re-sprayed (spraypaint?) over and over again? Did you use the same cut out shape each pass?  I'm really curious about how you got that fade.
Excellent work!
(--c^.^)--c