News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sea Urchin... 'Deep D'Lay'

Started by nzCdog, March 27, 2012, 03:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

I scored this very tidy fabbed board from Josh... this pedal is great fun, very musical 'dark' repeats... self oscillates deliciously too...

Painted by my beloved... a real treat for the eyes this one

Buffered bypass wiring with trails... 8)

eldanko

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick bro.

That is absolutely beautiful inside and out.  What a killer paint job.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

lincolnic

Ettore_M

Awesome build, Corey! Really tidy too. But the finish is SICK! Just perfect! Your "beloved" is very talented! ;-)
What kind of paint did you use?

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

alanp

Noice... is that acrylic paint?

Also, how much heat does that regulator generate to need a heatsink for a couple chips and transistors?  :o
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

pickdropper

I love the paint job.  Very nice.

The insides are nice and clean as well.  Good job.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bret608

I always like the background for your pictures in addition to the paint jobs...looks like you did a photoshoot on a windswept, rocky NZ seashore!

gtr2

Great build.  Love the paint job.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimmybjj

Looks awesome, Inside and out. Great job.
Pcbs no longer available

slimtriggers

What's the bypass setup?  Is that a "tails" mod?

irmcdermott

are those the Tayda jacks? If so, how do you like them? I'm always afraid to try them out because the pictures on their site make them look pretty dodgy.

k.rock!

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

nzCdog

Hey guys, thank for all your kind comments!  :D

Quote from: Ettore_M on March 27, 2012, 09:39:06 AM
What kind of paint did you use?
Hector, its Atelier acrylic art paint... applied with brush.  The same stuff my wife does her paintings with

Quote from: alanp on March 27, 2012, 09:55:11 AM
Also, how much heat does that regulator generate to need a heatsink for a couple chips and transistors?  :o
I just add heatsink as a habit Alan...  It gets about as hot as a freshly poured black coffee, so hot enough to notice, but not hot enough to burn stuff

Quote from: Bret608 on March 27, 2012, 02:14:06 PM
I always like the background for your pictures in addition to the paint jobs...looks like you did a photoshoot on a windswept, rocky NZ seashore!

Haha!  Thanks man, my driveway is flattered by your kind comment ;)

Quote from: slimtriggers on March 27, 2012, 03:59:19 PM
What's the bypass setup?  Is that a "tails" mod?

Yes its a mod...  I originally tried something with a transistor but couldn't get it to work properly... but this  very basic switch bypass, and it works seamlessly, with no pops or volume changes.  On the schematic the switch interrupts just  north of C3, I had to increase the value of C3 to lose the pop when switching in and out.  Its very simple but works great for tails with this pedal.  So the jack in/outs wire straight to the board instead of the switch and the only things on the stomp switch are  wiring for the LED indication and a SPST operation for bypass.  Here's the schem, changes in red... 
http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx219/nzCdog/SeaUrchin_schembypassswitching.jpg

Quote from: irmcdermott on March 27, 2012, 06:35:02 PM
are those the Tayda jacks? If so, how do you like them? I'm always afraid to try them out because the pictures on their site make them look pretty dodgy.
Yup thats the ones, I use them quite a bit.  They're solid, the only thing is when the jacks in the socket, it tends to want to sit out a couple of mm.  Like they were made for a slightly shorter plug?  Other than that they're good. :)

jtn191

love the paint job! where did you get those knobs?
They look just like the ones on my Visual Sound Angry fuzz...

nzCdog

Thanks man :)

http://www.surplus-electronics-sales.com/Zencart/

Fast friendly service, just make sure you order the right size knobs, they have different shaft sizes available :)

Specificallyhttp://www.surplus-electronics-sales.com/Zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19&products_id=490