News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedal Friendly Bands

Started by Smeero, July 10, 2011, 03:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smeero

Post some bands you think we should check out, bands that use their pedalboards to great effect.
I thought it would be cool to start a thread where we could share lesser known bands that make great use of pedals in their sound. The operative words: Lesser known, I'm hoping we don't have to read 15 posts citing David Gilmour's setup over and over again.  
To get you started I offer you Oceansize, who unfortunately broke up a few months ago.

I found this link where the band members  discuss their pedal boards and was happy to see a a couple DIY pedals (muffs).
http://www.effectsbay.com/2010/11/pedal-boards-of-oceansize/

jtn191

Man, I'm liking that Oceansize song, Smeero.

Here's one I found out about this summer: White Denim. They're a quirky band that covers a bunch of different styles. Even though it's mostly fuzz and wah, they get some unique sounds for a punk song--this song has been on repeat for me...

And ever since I got my GFS Jazzmaster copy, I've had MBV and offshoots on my mind...

Smeero

Smeero

Quote from: jtn191 on July 10, 2011, 05:38:16 PM
Here's one I found out about this summer: White Denim. They're a quirky band that covers a bunch of different styles. Even though it's mostly fuzz and wah, they get some unique sounds for a punk song--this song has been on repeat for me...

weird. A friend of mine was just talking about this band the other day. maybe that's a sign.

Smeero

Are you ready for a Pedal Diva?

bigmufffuzzwizz

Something old and something new..

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Smeero

- Prescription for Mis-America is a sweet album  if you can find it, P-funk all stars doing early Funkadelic sound

-more from Drugs - Prescription for Mis-America

- psychedelic swedes, Ta Det Lugnt is their best album, you know its good music when you can dig it without understanding the lyrics

- had to throw in a band w/ a pedalboard for trombone

jtn191

dude...trombone is my main instrument  :D

Smeero

the3secondrule

HDU  / High Dependency Unit -
sadly, no longer together, but Tristans (guitars) new group Mountaineater is just as visceral

"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Smeero

be sure to catch the turn this song takes at around 2:18, the trippy acid groove alludes to the other element of their sound.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I can't stop listening to this so I must share it! I was lucky enough to catch them last year, it really blew my mind. There was so much gear on stage it was insane! But the best part for me was Michio Kurihara a legend of japanese pysch whose been around for many years now. He's using some crazy 60's fuzztone in this song's solo  :)

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Smeero

Nice...speaking of japanese pschedelic, here's a classic pedal friendly band:

Smeero

- Garaj Mahal do their thing after the bass solo. Their bass player and guitarist are crazy good

blkmagik98

Baroness....vids are easy enough to find, so I won't post any links. I saw them twice here in Holland last year and got to talk to John Baizley (singer, guitar) about his pedal board. He is a gear junkie and said that he has over 400 pedals (!) at home.