News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TSM680 (mudbunny)

Started by juansolo, October 31, 2012, 06:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

As a matter of course, nearly every order I put in with Madbean includes a Mudbunny board. So with a surplus board we decided to do our own.

It's rather aggressive. Tight on the lower stuff with a muff-like mild mid scoop. Yet it all stays nicely defined. Well, we like it anyhow.

The name took some coming to. TSM is Tanya Song Muff after the lovely lady on the front (the 680 is from some caps we used). I strongly advise not googling her at work...  Anyhow it sounded kinda pedaly so it stuck.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

DutchMF

I totally went against your warning and did google her....  :o  Now Mrs Dutch thinks we're all a bunch of perverts, which, I guess, is kinda true!  ;)

Cool looking build man! Love the small knobs (I mean the black ones, on the actual pots...), I have a bunch of those as well and they make every build look classy (even this one!). And probably the cleanest guts I've seen on any muff so far....

I'll get back to this thread when I think of some more double entendres.... Nice!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

juansolo

lol. I was going to make a comment about it probably not being the first time there's been a knob between her boobs. But then realised that most of her errm 'work' involved other naturally, splendidly, fronted ladies... So it might not be true.

DutchMF

Ok, now you've encouraged me to google her some more.... Also, there are 2 groups of people you should think very carefully about before letting them join your band: Keyboard players (for obvious reasons, bad experiences in the past...) and females (also for obvious reasons, good experiences in the present..). Both of them usually cause a whole lot of trouble....

juansolo

AKA Anna Song... For your research purposes.

She did a lot of topless and nude photosets and a few mild videos. No real hardcore stuff. Quite classy really. Especially the wallpapering set. That wall papering paste just gets everywhere. She's not very good at decorating...

There are some odd photos of her (clothed) in amongst the crap in my misc drop box http://www.juansolo.demon.co.uk/misc/

Veering off topic a little and probably going to upset some people...

So back to it. I love that muff, it's awesome... The pedal that is... Oh dear.

DutchMF

Thanks Juan, had a good laugh about this thread, now let's get back to serious DIY stuff! What kind of trannies you've got in there?       ;)

Paul

juansolo

Oooh, good point, should have probably posted what it actually is!

http://juansolo.demon.co.uk/stompage/schematics/Misc/Muffs.xls

It's on the above spreadsheet with the mudbunny part no's. The trannies are 2SC1570 in Q1&4 which are really low noise Hi-Fi jobs (other audio grade ones would probably be fine). In Q2&3 are BC109C which aren't ;)

icecycle66

I love putting mudbunnies together.

nzCdog

*Sigh*  As always your taste in women graphics is impeccable ;)

MattOcaster

Dude super neat wiring. Always inspires me :)
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

GhostofJohnToad

Very nice.  I love the sound of BC109s in a muff.  I'm curious about the 2sc1570s.  May have to pick some up to try.