Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pulse

Started by monkeyssj1, January 27, 2016, 07:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyssj1

Quote from: Jakes Dad on January 28, 2016, 09:53:06 PM
Nice.

How do you do the transfer for the etch?

Chuck

The transfer seems like the most important part. I follow most of the suggestions people have offered out on the forum and its made the process really painless and thorough. High gloss photo paper with max ink density from a laser printer. I then use a clothes iron and heat the image on the surface gradually going from low to high heat over the course of about twenty minutes. I also use a wall paper roller to press hard on the image through the entire process. Heat, press, heat, press, etc. The roller is definitely a very essential part of the process.

Jakes Dad

Quote from: monkeyssj1 on January 28, 2016, 10:29:50 PM
Quote from: Jakes Dad on January 28, 2016, 09:53:06 PM
Nice.

How do you do the transfer for the etch?

Chuck

The transfer seems like the most important part. I follow most of the suggestions people have offered out on the forum and its made the process really painless and thorough. High gloss photo paper with max ink density from a laser printer. I then use a clothes iron and heat the image on the surface gradually going from low to high heat over the course of about twenty minutes. I also use a wall paper roller to press hard on the image through the entire process. Heat, press, heat, press, etc. The roller is definitely a very essential part of the process.

So you scan the hand drawn image, reverse it and print on the photo paper?

Chuck

monkeyssj1

Not quite. I hand draw it and make potentiometer sides/words in reverse and then simply scan that image.

Lubdar

Looks pretty awesome!
(--c^.^)--c