News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Testing Rig

Started by TreeSlayer, May 18, 2014, 06:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TreeSlayer

here's one that every one of us can use! this is "The Testing Rig" by jkokura. this critter's awesome! the build was easy, and it works like a charm. if you don't have this one, you really need to grab one up. you'll be glad you did! you can read about it here. http://jmkpcbs.com/product/testing-rig/

"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

jkokura

Brilliant. I love your execution. Totally an awesome way to build it. Thanks for the kudos Layton!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

TreeSlayer

Quote from: jkokura on May 18, 2014, 07:08:04 PM
Brilliant. I love your execution. Totally an awesome way to build it. Thanks for the kudos Layton!

Jacob
thanks, Jacob! the enclosure came from radio shack. I bought it when I was first getting into building. I discovered that it was entirely too large for most everything, and plastic wasn't the way to go. but it was perfect for this. it was a joy to build, and handy as all get out!
it also took the place of all this, which is by the way, for sale.
UPDATE! SOLD!!

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

Leevibe

Sweet! I dig the mounting post battery tie down and I think face mounting the jacks is a great idea.

TreeSlayer

Quote from: Leevibe on May 18, 2014, 08:43:18 PM
Sweet! I dig the mounting post battery tie down and I think face mounting the jacks is a great idea.
thanks! yeah, face mounting the jacks takes up less workspace area, no matter if you use straight or 90 degree 1/4" jacks.

upthepunxxx

I ordered one a couple weeks ago and am super pumped to get it going. I found some extra din connectors at work and was gonna borrow selfdestroyers idea and use them for the breakout points like he did. I have a couple projects that are just dying to be debugged!
Wake up and smell the noise!!

TreeSlayer

Man! i'm lovein' this critter! absolutely outstanding!!! :{D

wgc

That's pretty sweet.  Didn't know there was such a pcb.  My luck, I'd build it and need a working one to troubleshoot the troubleshooter.  ;)
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

TreeSlayer

Quote from: wgc on May 22, 2014, 03:33:59 AM
That's pretty sweet.  Didn't know there was such a pcb.  My luck, I'd build it and need a working one to troubleshoot the troubleshooter.  ;)
LOL! never thought of that! fortunately, I had a tester to test the tester, so I was in good shape! actually, it's an easy build, despite it's fairly large size. check it out! you'll be glad you did!