News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fender Squeeze

Started by Luke51411, March 01, 2015, 02:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

Here is a pedal I build for my uncle, It is an Azbache and JMK's Christmas compressor. He wanted something that "sounds like one of those old fender tube amps from the 50s" combined with a compressor. I figured the azbache would be a good candidate plus I had one already laying around built already. I figured I would go with the tweed graphics while I was at it to really capture the vintage fender feel. It is in a black BLMS powdercoated 1590BB. My label got a little stretched on the let side so the numbers are off a bit and I miscalculated when drilling the tone pot so a chickenhead wouldn't fit but I think the davies knob looks pretty good anyway! I'm reasonably happy with the guts, I've certainly done worse. I'm loving these flat top LEDs. They just look nice sitting flush with the top of the enclosure.

jimilee

Nicely executed, where the azabache come from, I'm ready to build another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Luke51411

Quote from: jimilee on March 01, 2015, 02:46:16 AM
Nicely executed, where the azabache come from, I'm ready to build another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually bought the pcb built but without pots from another member here along with some other circuits. It's kind of nice being able to give something new life from someone else's scrap pile.

billstein

Lucky Uncle. That looks great!

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

bcalla

Well done!  I want to build a Fender-ish pedal, too.  And I have an Azabache PCB.  How do you and your uncle like the sound?

Luke51411

I'll let you know when he has a chance to try it out. It seems pretty bright to me, it gets Loud! You can get a lot of different tones, the compressor up front adds some extra versatility.

Luke51411

Update, I took the pedal to my uncle and he loved it! I was a little concerned because I just wasn't sure if it nailed the sound he was after. When I was playing around with it my opinion kept changing from really great to kinda meh but setting up with his rig it sounded really good, now he wants me to build a chorus/verb 2 in 1  ;D I love it!

cooder

Great stuff, food to hear! He'll keep ya busy for awhile...
BigNoise Amplification

Luke51411

Quote from: cooder on March 11, 2015, 01:24:45 AM
Great stuff, food to hear! He'll keep ya busy for awhile...
Yup! I'm building him a church rig  8)

nzCdog

dude you gotta be really pleased with that finish... looks really sweet