News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Took a break from pedal building for these new toys...

Started by peAk, March 11, 2015, 04:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

Had the Korg MS-20 for a while now but just recently purchased the Moog Sub Phatty. Been having a blast with them and gave me the recharge I needed to get back into building pedals.

Still have desire to build synth modules but just haven't started yet.

alanp

Good stuff :) Can you patch the Phatty into the MS20 ?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

Super cool, is that the MS-20 made from the kit? Can't go wrong with a Phatty.

Cody

cooder

I don't know nothin' about that stuff but it looks like fun... 8)
BigNoise Amplification

micromegas

gorgeous pair dude! I wish I had the money, time and space to get deeper into analog synthesis...
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

peAk

Quote from: alanp on March 11, 2015, 06:11:50 AM
Good stuff :) Can you patch the Phatty into the MS20 ?

Actually Alan, you can patch into both. I haven't patched into the Phatty but I know it has an external input. I have patched into the MS-20 but just with my guitar, haven't patched another synth or anything else yet.

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 11, 2015, 06:23:52 AM
Super cool, is that the MS-20 made from the kit? Can't go wrong with a Phatty.

Cody

Nah Cody, it's just the mini. I just couldn't see spend the extra $600 for the kit. It has midi so I just use my full size (49 key) midi controller to control it if I don't want to use the mini keys. One of the best things about the Phatty is that it comes with a vst editor that I can launch inside Cubase. That way I can save any presets, automate, sync LFO to midi, etc. etc. all with inside my DAW. 

Quote from: micromegas on March 11, 2015, 10:30:04 AM
gorgeous pair dude! I wish I had the money, time and space to get deeper into analog synthesis...

Thanks man, the patching of the MS-20 really helped me learn a ton about synthesis. They are running at like $400-500 which is a steal IMO. They (MS-20 mini) aren't  the best quality but it sounds great. I used to have a vintage one and this thing sounds every bit as good and it runs about 1/3 of the price.