News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

mplx-jr. NOW WITH DEMO!

Started by Vanderfuzz, July 02, 2013, 03:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanderfuzz

Greetings all!

This is my first posting on the forum, though I visit the site daily.  I posted 5 or 6 builds on a different forum over a year ago, but stopped sharing my creations, due to feeling not too confident in the quality.  Well, today marks a return.  I feel really good about this fella.

A new discovery of late has reignited the passion - Alcohol inks.  The inks are a blast to use.  For a moment, the green took on a "Billion Dollar Babies" appearance, but some mixer smoothed that out.

This is a 1776 Multiplex Jr. housed in a tall enclosure.  The artwork is alcohol inks and hard coat mod podge, with Staz-On ink stamps.  

Here's a taste of some of the options the pedal can give.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/vanderfuzz/1776-effects-multiplex-jr-demo[/soundcloud]
There's always room for noise.

Liustucru

Nice build dude !!!
I love those knobs but they are very expensive at Banzai. Where did you get yours ?
Thank you.

Please keep posting your creations !!!

raulduke

fan-f*cking tastic dude.

Love the look on this.

Great build to get back in the game  ;)!

pryde

Yes dude. Love this one. Green and silver is always a cool combo.
Excellent job and keep em coming.

Can you do a demo? I would love to hear the MPJ

Vanderfuzz

Quote from: Liustucru on July 02, 2013, 03:35:07 PM
Nice build dude !!!
I love those knobs but they are very expensive at Banzai. Where did you get yours ?
Thank you.

Please keep posting your creations !!!

Thanks.  I got the knobs at Small Bear.  Yes, they are a bit spendy for knobs, but I wanted something shiny with a small form factor.  Those knobs Pickdropper always uses would have been nice, too.

Vanderfuzz

Quote from: pryde on July 02, 2013, 06:06:04 PM

Indeed.  I believe I will post a demo soon.  It sounds pretty tasty with some reverb and the Harbinger One.

Vanderfuzz

Quote from: Vanderfuzz on July 02, 2013, 07:14:16 PM
Quote from: pryde on July 02, 2013, 06:06:04 PM

Indeed.  I believe I will post a demo soon.  It sounds pretty tasty with some reverb and the Harbinger One.

And now I have posted demo on the original first post.  Excuse the weirdness at the end, but I couldn't help myself.

pryde

Hey fantastic demo there. I like the filtering of the MPJ for sure. Got to build one up. Thanks for providing the nice sounds  :)

jimilee

There is no way my build would ever sound like this if I built one except for the bits at the end. Nicely done.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Vanderfuzz

Quote from: pryde on July 04, 2013, 06:59:41 PM
Hey fantastic demo there. I like the filtering of the MPJ for sure. Got to build one up. Thanks for providing the nice sounds  :)

Thanks.  It's really a fantastic sounding pedal.  Now that I got a Step Bit, I think I'll give the Multiplex (Sr.) a go.

billstein

Nice build. Loved the demo, very creative.

Man, I've really got to learn how to use my delay pedal and my ebow and then learn how to play my guitar and....... :(

jprizz

Nothing to be ashamed about in this build for sure! That looks great. Does the hard coat leave a matte finish? Looks like it does.
-Josh

Vanderfuzz

Quote from: jprizz on July 05, 2013, 12:59:19 PM
Nothing to be ashamed about in this build for sure! That looks great. Does the hard coat leave a matte finish? Looks like it does.
-Josh

Yes, the hard coat leaves a satin, matte finish. I tried the gloss variety on a guinea pig enclosure, and it not only dulled the colors, but felt tacky and did not adhere as well.

gordo

Damn nice demo.  I like the ambient/science fiction sounds.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

gtr2

Great demo and pedal build!!!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer