News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Eq Reverb Pedals

Started by billstein, December 06, 2013, 05:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billstein

My wife asked me to build her a combination Reverb EQ pedal so I used the opportunity to build one for myself. It is a combination of a Six shooter and a Rub-a-dub. My first attempt at the distressed look and I used alcohol ink on my wife's pedal.

pickdropper

They both look nice, but I really like the alcohol ink only on the top of the enclosure.  It looks like a 1950's coffee table.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

billstein

Quote from: pickdropper on December 06, 2013, 05:09:42 AM
They both look nice, but I really like the alcohol ink only on the top of the enclosure.  It looks like a 1950's coffee table.

Yes! 1950's coffee table. That's exactly the look I was going for! :)

selfdestroyer

They look great and that's a great combination. Whats the order from input. It looks like reverb to EQ then out.. am I right?

jimilee

Quote from: selfdestroyer on December 06, 2013, 05:15:16 AM
They look great and that's a great combination. Whats the order from input. It looks like reverb to EQ then out.. am I right?
Look again and then flip it over (also look at the first pictures again). Eq to reverb and then out. Flipper would be handy in this one for sure. They do look great!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jubal81

Love these. I'm thinking of doing the same, but adding a Bloviator into the mix.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

Quote from: jimilee on December 06, 2013, 05:32:55 AM
Quote from: selfdestroyer on December 06, 2013, 05:15:16 AM
Look again and then flip it over (also look at the first pictures again). Eq to reverb and then out. Flipper would be handy in this one for sure. They do look great!

I sees now.. lol

Thomas_H

Thats cool!
Two sweet pedals, one female,  one male.
I generally think there is a shortage on pedals for our fellow female guitarists.
DIY-PCBs and projects:

mjcyates

gtr2

Awesome work!  Great idea too.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

midwayfair

These look great.

Yours is the alcohol inks one, right?

bcalla

Both are quite nice, but I especially like the alcohol ink finish.

I built the same combination about 6 months ago and I have only bypassed it once.  I could have saved $3.50 on a stomp switch.

thesameage

How did you achieve the "distressed" look? Did you just spray paint the enclosures and sand down the corners?

billstein

Quote from: thesameage on February 25, 2014, 03:32:53 PM
How did you achieve the "distressed" look? Did you just spray paint the enclosures and sand down the corners?

Yep.

billstein

Quote from: midwayfair on December 06, 2013, 02:40:59 PM
These look great.

Yours is the alcohol inks one, right?

Ha ha. For some reason didn't see this before Jon. She's so selfish and grabbed the alcohol ink one, uses it every Sunday for worship in our church.