News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Squeeze Orange -> Receive Lime Juice

Started by chromesphere, November 04, 2011, 06:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Hi all,
Disgusted with the paintjob of one of my earlier builds and eager to give my new powder coating stuff a bash i decided to refinish an old orange squeezer build i made when i started.  It was about build number...5 or 6 approximately.  

The new powder coating job i did was actually pretty crappy.  Made so many errors.  However, it still blows the pants off that yellow paint.  Have a look at it...I swear its enamel.  Cant expect much for a 3 dollar can of paint.  Anyway, those days are over (hugs powder coating gun affectionately).  

Of course, i cant change the rubbish layout that i did with this all those years ago...ATLEAST 2 years... :)  Just a cosmetic fix up really.  If i only i could go back in time and talk some sense into that young wild eyed pedal builder.  "in out jacks with a pot in the middle...THINK ABOUT IT HALF WIT".

Everyone loves a before and after, so here it is.
Thanks for looking
Paul

Before

After

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

jimmybjj

Looks great, what errors in the powder coat are you talking about? It looks nice and smoother from my perspective. How did you do your label? Did you use white decal and cut each individual letter out or ???
Pcbs no longer available

chromesphere

Hey Jimmy,
Thanks for the compliment.

This angle is its best angle.  Just getting used to the process of powder coating.  I think i made every stuff up there is to make with my first 2 attempts so im hoping thats all behind me.  They are minor...like, i didnt realise you had to have a base coat when using candies.  You can see in the photo the base plate of the enclosure is a darker color then the top.  I used white as a base coat on the top.  A few other things like that. Just getting used to the process.

No decal.  They are "3d" letter stickers.  See my thread on the uproar if your interested in more info:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=2927.0

Paul

mjcyates

nzCdog

Wow looks like a completely new pedal!   8)
Nice job man, the green knob really kicks off the lime colour and theme...  I tried repainting a pedla with cans once but found it just got worse and worse  :-[

keysandguitars

For a half whit, you do mighty fine work  :D I really like the make over, turned out great.
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

TNblueshawk

John

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

slimtriggers

Quote from: gtr2 on November 04, 2011, 11:25:36 PM
I liked the relic one better.  ;) 

I like that relic box, too.  The Lime one looks a lot cleaner inside, though 8)

Looks like you used a BAT41 instead of a 1n34a.  Is there any noticeable difference in tone? 

chromesphere

Thanks for the compliments and the 1 vote for not being a half wit.

I usually dont refinish old builds, they are a reminder of where you started.  I knew there would be some that would like the old rough paintjob better.  Maybe i should take a hammer to the new lime enclosure :D

Not sure about that diode or why i used a bat41  ???  It was probably 3+ years ago now.

I have built 4 compressors so far for some strange reason. Forgot how good the orange squeezer sounded!  Really nice no fuss compressor.

Anyway, I'm in the tropics at the moment and the pools calling :D
Paul

TNblueshawk

Quote from: chromesphere on November 05, 2011, 08:03:29 AM
Thanks for the compliments and the 1 vote for not being a half wit.

I usually dont refinish old builds, they are a reminder of where you started.  I knew there would be some that would like the old rough paintjob better.  Maybe i should take a hammer to the new lime enclosure :D

Not sure about that diode or why i used a bat41  ???  It was probably 3+ years ago now.

I have built 4 compressors so far for some strange reason. Forgot how good the orange squeezer sounded!  Really nice no fuss compressor.

Anyway, I'm in the tropics at the moment and the pools calling :D
>:( Not that you are rubbing it  !

Paul
John

chromesphere

Rubbing it in!  Im deeply offended that you think i referred to my current holiday as gloating...!

Now heres a photo of my feet on a deck chair on the beach.  Enjoy.
:D
Paul

nzCdog

lol. Enjoy the break, Paul... I'm getting one at Christmas and it can't come soon enough!

TNblueshawk

Quote from: chromesphere on November 06, 2011, 04:54:48 AM

Rubbing it in!  Im deeply offended that you think i referred to my current holiday as gloating...!

Now heres a photo of my feet on a deck chair on the beach.  Enjoy.
:D
Paul

:D  Foot shot for the win !

Where you at exactly if you want to say?
John

chromesphere

Palm cove Queensland (australia). Picturesque s :)cenery. It's a regular for my family. Check it out if ur ever in the area.