News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Water slide Decal + Clear Coat interaction?

Started by PhiloB, August 09, 2014, 04:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

I've been using the PPP decal for a while now with no issues.  I recently bought a new can of Clear Coat (Krylon). I had been using Duplicolor.  The last 3 boxes I've separated have ended up with a small hole in the decal.  One small hole.  At first I thought it might be the fan in my makeshift paint booth pulling debris across the decal and making a very small tear.  It seemed unlikely.  Now I'm beginning to wonder if it might be something in the aerosol can that is causing the issue.
Anyone have any insight?  Should I go back to Duplicolor?  Am I overlooking something?

bcalla

I can't say I've had that specific problem, but I gave up on Krylon paint a long time ago.  I had problems every time I used it, usually rippling and cracking.  I assumed it was my technique because others have posted good results.   That being said I never had a problem with Rustoleum or Duplicator.

jimilee

If you've not changed anything else, water temp, then yeah it's the krylon. I use it with no issues, I do spray the decal with krylon before I put it I'm water though.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.