News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

noob question for serendipity

Started by DLM, January 14, 2012, 04:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLM

Hello , I'm starting to buy my parts for my serendipity ver.4  build . so far this is what bought from Futurlec :

4 - AD712JN   AD712 Dual Audio Op-Amp   ( 3 extra )
4 - BAT41           BAT41 Shottky Barrier Diode      ( 1 extra )   
4 - 2N7000           2N7000 N-Channel MOSFET Transistor  ( 2 extra )      
2 - 1N4001         1N4001 50V 1A General Purpose Diode ( 1 extra )

Please let me know if I made a mistake on the order .

Questions ?

1.  Do I order 1/4 watt or 1/2 watt Resistors  ?

2.  Do i order all resistors Xicon Metal Film  ?
On the parts list I have it doesn't say  type or wattage .

3. Is It me  OR  does everybody hear the voice of the dude from the Big Lebowski   when Haberdasher  replies to a post ?
  Thanks Haberdasher for all your help ! BTW  my parts are being sent on the Backs of Sea Fairing  Rodents , So it may take a while to get them .  DLM

ckim715

1/4 watt resistors is fine.

Xicon is just a brand. A lot of people prefer them, but I personally use Koa Spear. As long as the resistance value matches, it should be fine. Same with carbon composition vs. metal film. Metal film does tend to be more quiet, though.

The dude abides...

The parts look fine. May I suggest perhaps buying 1 AD712, and a couple others? JRC 4558, OPA2134, etc? They all give a slightly different tone. I personally use an OPA2134 in my Serendipity.
-Charlie

gtr2

Futurlec can be slow.  Double check on the order in a day or so.  They don't tell you when something is backordered when you order.  When you contact them ask, and adjust accordingly.  ...or you could be waiting for another 6 weeks.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Haberdasher

Quote from: DLM on January 14, 2012, 04:41:31 AM3. Is It me  OR  does everybody hear the voice of the dude from the Big Lebowski   when Haberdasher  replies to a post ?
  Thanks Haberdasher for all your help !
Well, I don't try to maaaan.  ;)

And you're welcome.  I hope futurlec doesn't take too long on your order.  Good luck!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS