News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Where are you guys buying enclosures?

Started by mark123, February 08, 2016, 06:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark123

Anyone know a nice and inexpensive place to get enclosures.  I'm looking for about 6 1590A, 2 1590LB and 3 125B.  I don't really care if they are official Hammond brand. 

Where do you go?

Jabulani Jonny

In the US?  I usually just add what I need to my Smallbear or Tayda order.  If I'm trying to get one with an interesting or good looking paint job I go with Pedal Parts Plus, but they're a little more expensive.  I've also ordered from Bitches Love My Switches & Mammoth, but I've a few with quality issues in the past, e.g. paint chip or screws that don't align with threads. 
Jonathan

mark123

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on February 08, 2016, 06:39:28 PM
In the US?  I usually just add what I need to my Smallbear or Tayda order.  If I'm trying to get one with an interesting or good looking paint job I go with Pedal Parts Plus, but they're a little more expensive.  I've also ordered from Bitches Love My Switches & Mammoth, but I've a few with quality issues in the past, e.g. paint chip or screws that don't align with threads.
Yeah, sorry, I'm in the USA.  I can paint them myself so I just need the bare boxes.

Tayda and BLMS seems to have the best prices and they don't charge high shipping.  Thanks for the tips! :)

m-Kresol

I too usually add 1-2 enclosures to my tayda orders. I've heard that if you order too many the chance of getting additional taxes is increased.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

lumpylipton

+1 to Pedal Parts Plus.  Worth the slight extra cost to me due to high quality and really fast shipping, regardless of what color I've ordered. 
I've had some issues as others with Mammoth in the past, generally pretty good, but I've had several orders that took a month to ship, way beyond their posted lead times, and screws that weren't a great fit.

If you want cheap, Tayda, and of course Smallbear is great too, wish they did colors.
Warren

matmosphere

Tayda usually does coupons a few times a month so if you keep a look out for them you can usually get 15% off. The quality is fine on there enclosures, but I've had a few 3pdt switches go bad so maybe get those elsewhere.

jimilee

BLMS is where mine come from, awesome guy, you can stock up and still only pay 5.95 shipping.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mark123

Quote from: jimilee on February 08, 2016, 07:39:09 PM
BLMS is where mine come from, awesome guy, you can stock up and still only pay 5.95 shipping.
Yeah, I dig that idea.  Thanks!

strat68

Quote from: jimilee on February 08, 2016, 07:39:09 PM

I second this one.  On average, the lowest prices I've found.

matmosphere

How are there switches?

Totally not trying to be ironic here. Are there 3pdt switches good quality? The Tayda ones I've gotten lately have all sucked.

beneharris

BLMS enclosures are actually pretty nice, IMO. So are the knobs he claims are of inferior quality. If I were selling the pedal I wouldn't use them, but for my own stuff, heck yeah. He ships so frigging quickly, too. I like ordering from him the best, by far. I wish his store were slightly bigger because of it.

jimilee

The cheap stomps are just that, but he stands behind them, definitely worth it to get the better quality ones if you're selling them.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

kgull

I tend to buy my enclosures from mouser. They are fairly expensive in single quantities but if you buy 10 or more they are priced well and you know you are getting real hammond enclosures. Plus they have some pretty nice powder coated ones as well.

selfdestroyer

BLMS here. I get one or two from Tayda when I'm in a pinch and BLMS is out of stock.

Cody

Jebus

Banzai Music, Tayda and sometimes from eBay (china) if I need just a few and don't have any other stuff to order.