News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Akai Headrush

Started by madbean, March 25, 2015, 03:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micromegas

I know what use I would give it....

only need to add some zero points and my multiplex to the chain to make it perfect.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

madbean

Wow, that's so much delay you probably don't hear the second note until your next birthday.

billstein

Got my pedal today! Unbelievable. The guy must have lived next door and walked it over. Now to learn how to use all those knobs. :)

peAk

Quote from: billstein on March 28, 2015, 01:35:00 AM
Got my pedal today! Unbelievable. The guy must have lived next door and walked it over. Now to learn how to use all those knobs. :)

Awesome.

Mine arrived next week. Keep us posted how you like it.

Luke51411

Mine came today as well! Looks cool!

flanagan0718

You guys are going to love these. I'm actually surprised more of you don't own one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke51411

Quote from: flanagan0718 on March 28, 2015, 02:07:00 AM
You guys are going to love these. I'm actually surprised more of you don't own one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or two. You never know when you will need to stick a splitter in front of them and send echoes to 10 amps...

Muadzin

Quote from: micromegas on March 26, 2015, 09:50:34 PM

only need to add some zero points and my multiplex to the chain to make it perfect.

:o

It's good to know that the current economic crisis has totally passed your little part of Spain.  8)

Luke51411

Got the pedal yesterday and had a chance to play with it a few minutes today and it's pretty cool so far!

peAk

Damn, I thought I liked delay  :o

micromegas

Quote from: Muadzin on March 28, 2015, 10:53:09 AM

It's good to know that the current economic crisis has totally passed your little part of Spain.  8)
haha, not really :) that photo isn't mine, I only have the Eventide and it's still too much delay for me...
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Haberdasher

so, do any of you guys who have bought this thing have a review or thoughts you'd like to share?
i'm on the fence about getting one. 
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Luke51411

Quote from: Haberdasher on March 31, 2015, 08:30:42 PM
so, do any of you guys who have bought this thing have a review or thoughts you'd like to share?
It's a cool box. The "Analog" type echo is interesting. It is more difficult to dial in settings that I like in the tape mode compared to my multiplex and to me the quality of the echoes still sounds really clean and I guess not as natural as say a multiplex. It's not a bad sound. I like that it has tails so I can set the feedback to where it will just start to oscillate after a while and then turn it off to let the feedback die back down. I haven't tried outputting the "tape heads" to multiple amps yet. The looper is pretty nice and straight forward, I like having the two separate footswitches for it as opposed to my Ditto looper. I've maybe played with it for an hour or so. I think it's worth it for the money and the ebay listing I bought it from accepted an offer for $60. One annoying thing with it is that when you change modes it turns off and you have to engage it again which is not really a big deal but it did have me thinking for a second "do I have the delay set really long and I just haven't heard it yet?" Another thing I like about it is that there are really long delay lengths available with the tap tempo if so desired.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: micromegas on March 29, 2015, 10:57:27 AM
Quote from: Muadzin on March 28, 2015, 10:53:09 AM

haha, not really :) that photo isn't mine, I only have the Eventide and it's still too much delay for me...

I had an Eventide too for a while, did'nt cut it.... and that board does'nt cut it for me, no AD9 or DM2.... of all the stuff in there only the DMM and Replex got my attention...
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

peAk

Quote from: Haberdasher on March 31, 2015, 08:30:42 PM

Still waiting on mine, I guess it's taking a while to get to Texas.  ::)