News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Loophole problem....

Started by non-reverse, April 22, 2012, 04:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

non-reverse

I built a loophole and the regulator is getting super hot.  Like, too hot to touch hot. It should be noted that I'm using a 78L05 rather than the 7805.  My last several pedals have been big failures so I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction as pertains to troubleshooting.  

When I measured voltages at the DC jack, it was only running at 4.5v or so which is peculiar.  I would have expected to see 9v there and 4.5V at the regulator.  

Thanks in advance.

madbean

78L05 is the one you should use, so you are fine there. Are you sure your regulator is not backwards? Do you know what brand it is...possibly it has a different pinout. Any subs or mods you've done otherwise?

non-reverse

MB,

I'm not sure what brand I'm using, I got the regulators from a helpful soul over at BYOC because the originals I bought were way too big.  I'll try flipping the regulator around and see if I get different voltages.  The only thing I did differently was add the safe switch so that I don't accidentally record over my loops. 

What voltages should I be seeing on the specific pins.  I'm guessing 9v, 5v and maybe something else?