News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boneyard Voltage converter question

Started by jball85, June 21, 2011, 10:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jball85

Im hoping to start a new project if the boneyard pcbs are still for sale when the store reopens, anyway is there a specific LT1054 chip that I need for this project or will any work? example LT1054ISW, LT1054CN, there are many to chose from on Ebay. Also has anyone compared the boneyard (9v or 12v) to the original Carl Martin Plexitone. If so how did they compare?

TheCobbenator

Can't help you with the voltage(mine is running at 9v) but I used to own the CM a while back and used it exclusively. I regretted selling it after a bit and was very excited when I saw it appear here! It's been a while since I heard the original in person but I would say my Boneyard has MAYBE a little more bite than the original. But it's so very close. Definitely a worthwhile build (use 47R for resistor 5)

I left the boost off mine, As I didn't use it on the original, and this allowed me to use a 1590bb with plenty of space between the switches. I'll jam it again in the afternoon and see if I can note any other (subjective) differences.

jball85

so does the max1044 convert the 9v from the battery/powersupply to 12v? is that the point of the max1044?

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: jball85 on June 30, 2011, 03:43:40 AM
so does the max1044 convert the 9v from the battery/powersupply to 12v? is that the point of the max1044?

I believe that's correct. It's acting like a charge pump increasing the voltage. You might find something about here in the datasheet. http://datasheets.maxim-ic.com/en/ds/ICL7660-MAX1044.pdf
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals