Started by ckim715, December 30, 2013, 04:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckim715

So in my attempt to downsize, I have reduced to the following:

Afterlife Comp
TS808 (Gearmandude Luther Drive)
Cosmopolitan (Skreddy Screwdriver)
Sea Urchin Delay (Deep Blue Delay)

What do you think? I was thinking MAYBE a chorus/phaser, but then it starts adding up again....the only thing I'd maybe add is a wah....

I usually play classic rock/blues, although sometimes I delve into 90s rock (Bush, etc.) just for fun...
-Charlie

jkokura

Why limit yourself to just a few options? Why limit yourself to just one pedalboard?

I personally run multiple boards, and I build in a format that allows me to swap pedals in and out depending on my mood and desire. For instance, if you want, think of your board more like: Comp > Drive > Fuzz > Modulation > Delay

Then you can just swap in and out the pedals you want in there, no need to worry about what the circuit is, but more the signal path. That's the joy of building is that we try out so many circuits to find things we like, and the things we don't.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

rullywowr

Quote from: ckim715 on December 30, 2013, 04:43:54 PM
So in my attempt to downsize, I have reduced to the following:

I usually play classic rock/blues, although sometimes I delve into 90s rock (Bush, etc.) just for fun...

I dig playing many of the same things..sounds like to me you need some kind of plexi-esque drive in there.  Something with a red LED clipping circuit would do the trick like the Boneyard or Plexi-Drive etc...

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Rockhorst

My most basic setup is:

tuner => some boost => some TS type OD => delay

I can pretty much get what I need from that. Add a wah and I'm super happy. I've been entertaining the idea of a BIG board, since I've got most pedals double once or twice. I would build upon the basic scheme above, but add a volume pedal, octaver, fuzz, phaser and maybe a univibe.

Now if ever I win the lottery, I will also build a board entirely filled with time based effects by Strymon or Eventide...but for now, I'm happy without all that.

slimtriggers

What amp(s) are you using? 

If you're deciding between a chorus or phaser, I vote phaser  :)

alanp

I'd say phaser as well, one of the 1590B ones. 125B, if you really, really like the Stage Fright.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Quote from: alanp on December 31, 2013, 04:12:29 AM
I'd say phaser as well, one of the 1590B ones. 125B, if you really, really like the Stage Fright.
This!! ADA jfet, 4 stage 5 stage 6 stage 8 stage Doppelganger....that about covers it right???
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.