News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2014 Shipping rates - UPDATED

Started by madbean, January 12, 2014, 05:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

There are some adjustments to the shipping rates for 2014 effective today. These may change in another month or two depending on how the rates work out at USPS or if I find a way to tweak things better.

Highlights:
Free 1st Class shipping on all US orders over $50. Priority shipping is now an option for $5.35.
Canadian shipping now has its own rates.
International shipping: price has gone down for small orders, and up for larger orders. This is reflective of different shipping classifications, not an increase in my shipping prices (if you want to split hairs). So, orders $15 or more will automatically go 1st Class, which has a higher postage rate than Flats. Hopefully this makes sense. Also, international customers - feel free to break your orders into two if you think it will save you shipping. I'm totally fine with this so long as you are fine with two separate packages.

Please let me know if there are any questions.
--------------------------------------------------------
U.S.A. Rates (1st Class)
Order Amount    Shipping
$0.01 - 49.99    $2.00
$50 and up    Free 1st Class
Prioirty (optional)    $5.35
Canadian Rates
Order Amount    Shipping
$0.01 - 24.99    $2.50 ("Flats")
$25 - 99.99    $7.00 (1st Class)
$ 100 or more    $20 (Priority)
Priority shipping is required for Canadian orders of $100 or more. Transit time is 6-10 business days and tracking is included. Flats and 1st Class generally take 2-3 weeks and does not include tracking.
International Rates
Order Amount    Shipping
UPDATED BELOW
Priority shipping is required for Int'l orders of $75 or more. Transit time is 6-10 business days and tracking is included. Flats and 1st Class generally take 2-3 weeks and does not include tracking.

madbean

I made an adjustment to the International Rates, bumping up the range for Flats shipping. So, the cut-off is $15.99 for Flats and above that is 1st Class. This means you get the cheapest shipping rate for any single PCB I carry other than the largest one, the ZPSDX (the one that's a problem shipping Flats). Hopefully, this does not cause too much grief for international customers. I hate changing the rates like this, but I also had more than twice as many shipments "go missing" last year than in 2012. I suspect that has to do with trying to get away with too much using the Flats method.

Here is the adjustment:

International Rates
Order Amount    Shipping
$0.01 - 15.99    $3.00 ("Flats")
$16 - 29.99    $6.50 (1st Class)
$30 - 74.99    $9.00 (1st Class)
$ 75 or more    $24 (Priority)

Please give any feedback you have to offer on the new rates. As my long time customers know, I'm pretty diligent about making sure I do not over-charge for shipping (not more than a few cents, at least, and that covers envelopes, software licensing for shipping, etc).

madbean

Final Adjustment. I think I have the right balance now.

U.S.A. Rates (1st Class)
Order Amount    Shipping
$0.01 - 49.99    $2.00
$50 and up    Free 1st Class
Prioirty (optional)    $5.35

Canadian Rates
Order Amount    Shipping
$0.01 - 34.99    $2.50 ("Flats")
$35 - 99.99    $7.00 (1st Class)
$ 100 or more    $20 (Priority)
Priority shipping is required for Canadian orders of $100 or more. Transit time is 6-10 business days and tracking is included. Flats and 1st Class generally take 2-3 weeks and does not include tracking.

International Rates
Order Amount    Shipping
$0.01 - 24.99    $3.00 ("Flats")
$25 - 49.99    $6.50 (1st Class)
$50 - 74.99    $9.00 (1st Class)
$ 75 or more    $24 (Priority)
Priority shipping is required for Int'l orders of $75 or more. Transit time is 6-10 business days and tracking is included. Flats and 1st Class generally take 2-3 weeks and does not include tracking.