News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

biasing a Zygote

Started by Gm76, February 15, 2014, 04:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gm76

I am building a PNP germanium Zygote http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Zygote/docs/Zygote.pdf with matched transistors from Smallbear and am using their suggested resistors in place of the trimpot.  In the Zygote instructions it says "You can sub in the values he indicates, if you like. If you still want to use the trim pot, adjust it so that the resistance on the pot + the 220R in series with it adds up to the value he indicates for the collector of Q2" I actually want to make it switchable between an external pot and the recommended fixed resistor value using a guitarpcb board.  Smallbear recommends 11K to bias Q2's collector.  My questions are  a) if the recommended value is 11K and I place a 11K resistor there, is the additional resistance by 220R negligible?  in other words, Do I need to place resistors in series to get as close to 10.78 as possible so that it adds up to 11K like it says in the instructions.  Seems like splitting hairs; B) if placing a resistor in place of the trimpot, I place it in the trimpot's 1&3 on the schematic, right?
Thanks