Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Show us your guitar!

Started by ckim715, January 26, 2012, 11:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesameage

jimilee

Quote from: thesameage on March 22, 2014, 01:05:46 AM

How you gonna post this without any sort of cool story? These are great guitars.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thesameage

Ha... same guitar.

Not so much a cool story, just a lot of trial and error to get it the way I wanted it. But my vision did come through!

Had OneEyedJack build the body for me. Mahogany with a cypress top. Bought the neck from USAG and had it sent to OEJ so that he could fit it to the body. Stained by me and finished in tru-oil. Bill Lawrence pickups, brass one-piece bridge. I love it! Still needs a fret leveling job-- kind of getting to the point where I'll need to do that sooner than later.

peAk

Here are my guitars as well as my home studio setup.

(2) Fender Strats, Fender Tele, Les Paul, BC Rich (was a gift), Martin Acoustic, Applause Acoustic, and a cheap Lap Steel.

My baby though is my 80s Surf Green Fender Strat with EMGs and a Kauhler trem. It was my first guitar and still my favorite.

giantrobot

lincolnic

Is that a...thinline Jaguar? Do such things even exist? Tell me more.

pedalhealer

My children.
Ibanez AS-50 from '81, made in Japan. USA Fender Standard Stratocaster, from '96, with custom color (transparent candy apple red), and Taylor 814CE from 2012.

I'm not a good guitar player... I exercised the "color scale" today only...  :P
www.pedalhealer.com
instagram: pedalhealer_dot_com

ian_guga

Quote from: Cortexturizer on April 22, 2013, 02:09:36 PM

And of course...

Cheers!

I have one of them MK phasers...really like the way it sounds.
my lab loves fuzz

juansolo

Now I've got the TV Master back I can take a group shot. It's not great and at some point I'll do a better one, but you get the idea.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Tremster

Heck yes! I'd totally rock that.
That black Strat not so much (sorry) but those others are f*in awesome!

juansolo

The StratSG is always going to be a contentious one. An experiment like the Stratele in slamming two styles of guitar together. I personally love it. But it was always going to be an acquired taste. It sounds and plays lovely.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Willybomb

Tremster

Have never showed mine.

Left to right:
Höfner Verythin - one from the last year of German made ones before thy started making these in China. Not that those are bad. I wish the neck was less "sticky".

Taranaki - that's the name of the distributor of Eastwood and Reverend guitars here, and this was their own short lived line of guitars. Got in in a sale. It's heavy and the neck is too small for me, so this will be sold. I had different pickups in there, and the "Bigsby" is on one of those Vibramate things (both are the Duesenberg version, not original Bigsby). Will keep the pickups and the tremolo and am selling a lot of stuff right now so that in a while, after summer holidays, I can build a chambered Warmoth Jazzmaster and put these in there.

Warmoth Tele - built it in 2003 and it's the best guitar in the world. Big fat "Boatneck" profile.

Eastwood Tuxedo - completely hollow, got it for a good price on ebay years ago.

Washburn Falcon (or Hawk?) - made in Japan in 1980, I got it in 95, I think, for a fantastic price in the local classifieds. This was my second electric and the first decent one. Pickups I swapped for Duncans. It, too, has a large neck, which is good. But honestly, I keep it mainly for nostalgic reasons.

Danelectro Baritone - modded with a Duesenberg Bigsby.

playonit

Just finished building this one...... Honduran Mahogany and Black Walnut
BlueVoice Amplification
Snook Custom Guitar Co.

ckim715

So my gear has changed a bit since I started this thread...

On the wall:
1.MIM body, Mighty Mite birdseye maple neck, GFS lil killers in the neck/middle and GFS fat pat in the bridge
2. Highway 1 body, Warmoth flame maple/pau ferro neck, D. Allen 60s R&B pickups (my new no. 1)
3. Guitar I learned how to play on. It's a beat up acoustic that I got for free when I was deployed overseas, and has the signatures of everyone that helped teach my how to play.

On the ground is my Taylor GA-4 and my Guild GAD-40C.

-Charlie