crash

New family photo:

From left to right:
Body: Shedua, Neck: Limba/Ipe, Pups: Roadhouse P90's
Clone of Gilmour's black strat built form Warmoth parts
Koa strat on page 1 of this thread
Ken Lawrence clone Mahogany/Figured Makore top, EMG JH pups
Padauk tele on page 1 of this thread
Body: Zebrawood (pseudo carved top), Neck Goncalo alves/Pau Ferro, Pups: SD lil 59, SD Jazz

ch1naski

Quote from: crash on April 28, 2013, 01:07:09 PM
New family photo:

From left to right:
Body: Shedua, Neck: Limba/Ipe, Pups: Roadhouse P90's
Clone of Gilmour's black strat built form Warmoth parts
Koa strat on page 1 of this thread
Ken Lawrence clone Mahogany/Figured Makore top, EMG JH pups
Padauk tele on page 1 of this thread
Body: Zebrawood (pseudo carved top), Neck Goncalo alves/Pau Ferro, Pups: SD lil 59, SD Jazz
That is a beautiful collection.
Actually, stunning.
I'm drooling.:)
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

BraindeadAudio

Just picked this beast up last week for a song.

Les paul standard, threw a set of coil tapped Lace Dirty Heshers in there, tuned to C sharp with 12s, Thing is a beast.

This is my main though, going on 7 years of playing it 2 hours a day plus every day.

1978 Gibson SG. Ive only seen one other white one from 78 without a bigsby.

ch1naski

one louder.

GermanCdn

All righty, so in the ebb and flow that is my guitar collection, the following guitars have checked out

Gibson V, Gibson SG, Gibson LPS (see a trend here), Fender FSR Tele.

Incoming to replace them are shown below

From right to left

Peavey USA Wolfgang Arch top stoptail, flame green top, a birthday gift from my wife.  It feels really weird because everything is so compact, but plays great and sounds amazing.

PRS SC250, 10 top, apparently belonged to Chris Henderson from 3 Doors Down for a couple of tours, serious buckle rash on the back, ridiculously hot bridge pickup, fat, fat neck.

PRS SC250, 10 top, birds, pristine condition, sounds completely different then my other SC250 which makes me think the pickups might not be stock, or the other one has a Tremonti bridge pickup in it labelled as a 250 (they did that for a run), fat neck as well.

PRS SC245 Goldtop, relic'ed from some pretty heavy use, David Allen P-51 pickups w/coil tap, AMAZING neck, clearly well used by the guy before me, but it's funny how sometimes you find a kindred soul who did the mods which you would have done.

Carvin CS6, Orangeburst, ebony board, stainless frets.  My first Carvin excursion, was a little nerve racking.  Best neck of any guitar I've ever owned, amazing fretwork, better top than any of my PRS 10s.  Only two complaints - it's a little lighter (thinner) than I'd like it to be, and I picked the wrong pickups for it.  Put in the vintage spec C22s, the neck sounds pretty good, bridge is way too weak, but in their defence, that's pretty much the way they describe it on the website.  As soon as I get the nerve to unpretty it a bit, there's a Tone Zone and a Norton going in.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

GrindCustoms

@Crash, is the Explorer style a RAN Guitars? If yes it's killer, if not..she still look killer.... 8)

Here's my latest acquisition...

MJW Customs NYC, that i got from Forrest (CJ)

Tuned 2 whole step lower with lower string in «Drop B», Dimarzio ChopperT at bridge, Dimarzio P90, One piece swamp ash body and bassball neck!

Stringed with EB Cobalt BigBottom 10-54, my latest crush string wise...they just sound better to me...more attack, more balanced across the fretboard and a tad more output.

Perfectly suited for my Deftones/Tool/Gojira mood that i'm into at the moment..

I've named her «Helvete»...

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jkokura

Seriously Curtis? More PRSes?

I have a terrible dislike for independent volume and tone knobs on guitars. Give me Master Volume/Master Tone.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

ch1naski

Quote from: jkokura on May 28, 2013, 04:59:17 AMSeriously Curtis? More PRSes?

I have a terrible dislike for independent volume and tone knobs on guitars. Give me Master Volume/Master Tone.

Jacob
altho I'm the proud owner of a 67 SG Special,  I have to agree with you. I love Gibson guitars, but can't stand having to fiddle with multiple volume/tone controls......

That's why my PRS/lollar is my main squeeze

one louder.

ch1naski

Quote from: GrindCustoms on May 28, 2013, 04:28:25 AM
@Crash, is the Explorer style a RAN Guitars? If yes it's killer, if not..she still look killer.... 8)

Here's my latest acquisition...

MJW Customs NYC, that i got from Forrest (CJ)

Tuned 2 whole step lower with lower string in «Drop B», Dimarzio ChopperT at bridge, Dimarzio P90, One piece swamp ash body and bassball neck!

Stringed with EB Cobalt BigBottom 10-54, my latest crush string wise...they just sound better to me...more attack, more balanced across the fretboard and a tad more output.

Perfectly suited for my Deftones/Tool/Gojira mood that i'm into at the moment..

I've named her «Helvete»...
I'm in love with that.

Seriously.

one louder.

GermanCdn

Quote from: jkokura on May 28, 2013, 04:59:17 AM

Jacob

Truthfully, not a big fan of the four knob set either, and the way Paul lays them out is even worse (it's Volume/Tone, Volume/Tone, as opposed to Volume/Volume, Tone/Tone), I prefer the Tele layout.

As far as the PRS comment goes, the best way I can sum it up is this.  I've fallen out of love with Gibson (but ironically enough, not Epiphone), primarily because of the inconsistency in them, the poor headstock design, and the fact that it's really hard to find a good deal on them unless they've got a headstock repair.  By the end of the month, I'll have purged all but one of my Gibsons.  I find PRS to be far more consistent, resonant, and I like the necks better.  That's not to say that when I find the perfect Les Paul I won't pick it up, but that search has taken longer than it should.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

alanp

Vintage V100 Les Pauls are hard to beat, I reckon :) Mine's a winner.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

BraindeadAudio

I wire my gibsons pots upside down? treble on the top rhythm on the bottom.

billstein

Quote from: BraindeadAudio on April 29, 2013, 02:50:49 AM
Just picked this beast up last week for a song.

Les paul standard, threw a set of coil tapped Lace Dirty Heshers in there, tuned to C sharp with 12s, Thing is a beast.

This is my main though, going on 7 years of playing it 2 hours a day plus every day.

1978 Gibson SG. Ive only seen one other white one from 78 without a bigsby.

Love that white SG. Brings back memories of when I was a teenager. Someone in a local band had one I lusted pretty hard after. Beautiful guitar.

ch1naski

Quote from: GermanCdn on May 28, 2013, 05:12:05 AM
Quote from: jkokura on May 28, 2013, 04:59:17 AM

Jacob

Truthfully, not a big fan of the four knob set either, and the way Paul lays them out is even worse (it's Volume/Tone, Volume/Tone, as opposed to Volume/Volume, Tone/Tone), I prefer the Tele layout.

As far as the PRS comment goes, the best way I can sum it up is this.  I've fallen out of love with Gibson (but ironically enough, not Epiphone), primarily because of the inconsistency in them, the poor headstock design, and the fact that it's really hard to find a good deal on them unless they've got a headstock repair.  By the end of the month, I'll have purged all but one of my Gibsons.  I find PRS to be far more consistent, resonant, and I like the necks better.  That's not to say that when I find the perfect Les Paul I won't pick it up, but that search has taken longer than it should.
PRS is doing what Gibson used to do.....take pride in their products, and care about quality.

one louder.

Cortexturizer

yesterday was new guitar day!
as to why it doesn't look new - well...haha
sounds fantastic, road worn mim tele deluxe, loving the wide range pickups, loving this

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams