News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Looper/blender problems

Started by pk1802, August 22, 2012, 02:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pk1802

Hey guys,

I'm having some problems fleshing out an idea that I had. I've failed miserably at coming up with a wiring scheme on my own, and I've done some looking around but can't seem to find a schematic or wiring diagram of what I'm looking to do.

What I'm trying to build is a mix between a true bypass loop and a blend/mix pedal.

Ideally I would have two switches the first to toggle engage/bypass the loop, and the other to change the loop from a blender(I have the blend circuit done) mixing the pedals in the loop in with my clean tone, or adding the pedals into my clean tone in series.

Does anyone know if something like this is possible? Or if there is a wiring diagram floating around for this setup that I just can't seem to find?

You guys are awesome, and I read this forum every day soaking up new ideas.

Thanks

madbean

You should be able to do this with a 3PDT footswitch and DPDT toggle. The 3PDT is wired true bypass, with the fx in and out then wired to the DPDT. One position of the DPDT connects to the in/out of your blender circuit and the second position connects to the in and out of the fx chain. This way you can bypass all the effects, use the blender circuit or go through the fx chain on its own.

pk1802

Something like this?

The only thing I can think of, and i'm not sure if it matters, but the where the blender circuit connects to the loop in and out jacks, the fx chain will also be wired to it. This shouldn't be a problem in blend mode because the switch will take care of that, but in fx chain mode, the blend circuit loop will still be wired to the jacks. Will this cause any leakage into the fx chain? Or is it pretty safe to say that nothing will be running through the blender at that point?

pk1802

I hate to bump my own thread, but is there anyone who can help confirm this switching scheme before I bang it out?