News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Laser Wolffe

Started by Martan, July 05, 2016, 03:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martan

Forgot gut shot 1st time around :D

1st of several pedals based on watching cartoons with my boy. There's a slight chance I took to the Clone Wars more than he did ;) Laser etched on a new toy at work. Just etched off the powder coat, which honestly looks pretty bad until envirotex. Then it gets a great shine and the rough parts of the enclosure look more like jewel facets in the right light. I've learned that fat fonts don't seem to work out so well.

Only issue with the build is that I could only get two options for the script switch. If I added the third it sounded like the phaser had a flat tire (bottomed out on the down swing like it was grounding out on something).

The drive is AWESOME! Will definitely be building more BSIAB type pedals. The effect order really makes a huge difference. The phaser seems to disappear when the drive is last. Awesome board, Bean!

lincolnic

diablochris6

Great job, as usual! I like those knobs, and I wish I worked at a place with the toys that you have at yours.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

brejna

That is great build! Really love it (Y)

nzCdog

Wow. Looks epic man, well done!😃

Timko

The is a great looking etch. Did you etch this the same way as a standard etch (print/iron/etch)?

Martan

Thanks guys! The knobs are from Small Bear. I've been looking for a pedal to use them, as they seem too small for controls that are spread far apart. The dense control layout seems perfect for them.

The etch was a laser etch. Its actually a laser cutter meant for cutting plastics, but can etch as well. The laser just burns off the powder coat from a regular Pedal Parts Plus powder coat. You just feed your graphic in to the software as an Illustrator file or even a bitmap and it essentially prints (burns) it onto your enclosure (BOSS ls-1370 laser, 40% power, 300 mm/sec speed, 0.05 interval). Wipe it off with isopropanol to finish.

I use the bottom of the pedal for a trial run, then go for the top. Its pretty nice, and you can include drill marks, etc.

CarpathiART

I´m really digging this! Very professional looking build! Those knobs I haven´t seen in a pedal before. Both thumbs up!

Willybomb

Necro revival - Did you envirotex before or after etching?  When I clearcoated after laser etching a primer base I got an photoshop embossed sort of look...

Martan

Quote from: Willybomb on September 22, 2016, 04:40:02 PM
Necro revival - Did you envirotex before or after etching?  When I clearcoated after laser etching a primer base I got an photoshop embossed sort of look...

Sounds cool! I etched first. It does actually burn away the powder coat so it has a bit of depth to it. I bet spraying over top of that would be cool.

Marty

Boba7

Wow that's just so perfect... Im amazed. Awesome job!!