News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel Sanskrit Kool-Aid Man (Etched Enclosure)

Started by spaceboss, February 09, 2013, 03:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboss

This project involved a lesson in the importance of socketing cheap transistors.   ;D  It also involved a lesson in measure twice before drilling. I had to get fairly creative with the dc jack, and it's smooshing the board something fierce.

I'ts 15v with the Road Rage, and sounds way better than I remember Chorus sounding in the 80's. Like it after a Fuzz Face or Cherry Bomb.

Getting the art right on the etch was brutal, but I'm happy with how it turned out. Giant LED's are growing on me too.

Cheers!

wgc

Kool!  Interesting how the knob shape is reflected in the etch pattern.

Btw You can oversize your dc jack hole a little bit to give your pcb some relief.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

bigrigg

Love the Kool Aid guy!  Congrats.  As mentioned above, oversize drill and even more with a washer could get the dc jack out of harms way and leave the cosmetics nicely intact for the exterior finish.

nzCdog

Nice build!  That etch is crazy fun, love the look

jimilee

Quote from: bigrigg on February 09, 2013, 03:32:44 PM
Love the Kool Aid guy!  Congrats.  As mentioned above, oversize drill and even more with a washer could get the dc jack out of harms way and leave the cosmetics nicely intact for the exterior finish.
This... I had to use a washer from a stomp switch cause of my awesome handy work with a drill and a metal file. I've since switched to a drill press. Now my screw ups are more pin pointed
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Guitarmageddon

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

spaceboss

Thanks guys.

I hear you about the washer. Unfortunately, I used a snap in dc jack. (Which there was no need to do, as there is plenty of room in the box--especially given my talent  for hole estimation. )

Guitarmageddon you are an inspiration for sure. Every one that you do looks like it comes straight from the pages of "Ferric Chloride Aficionado."

Bret608

This looks awesome! I still love my Pork Barrel.

Believe it or not, I can actually read the Sanskrit alphabet (studied Hindi for a short time in college). I wish it was a touch more clear! I can only make out a couple of letters. What is he saying, anyway?

spaceboss

Quote from: Bret608 on February 11, 2013, 08:21:34 PM
This looks awesome! I still love my Pork Barrel.

Believe it or not, I can actually read the Sanskrit alphabet (studied Hindi for a short time in college). I wish it was a touch more clear! I can only make out a couple of letters. What is he saying, anyway?

Heh. He's saying "Oh Yeah!" -- of course. (at least according to Google Translator.)

Hindi/Sanskrit history is fascinating.

Bret608

Hey, cool! I can make out the "Oh" and the "_eah" of the "yeah" at least! So Google translator did not lead you astray.

I have build with Thai script coming up just as soon as it's nice enough outside to do clearcoating. That's the one I know much better than Hindi.