News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Buncha Builds

Started by dropanchor812, December 01, 2017, 07:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dropanchor812

Hey, it's been a while since I've posted 'round these parts, but my builds are finally things I can be decently proud of, so....

Green Ringer with etched pcb.  I found the layout on here several years ago and had the transfers lying around, so why not? 

Naughty Fish-  the switch tip covers really make a difference IMO.

Broken Arrow OD (AKA Durham Crazy Horse)   This was a pcb I got from Black Horse, it sounds great!  No gutshot, not sure why I didn't take one.

Mangler - I got this board pop'd from someone else on here with a snazzy PPP enclosure. 

Booster - a friend needed a little booster/buffer at the end of his effects chain just as a recovery stage.  It's a CAE Line Booster/Driver on vero.  Layout from tagboard effects. 

CJ's Stutter Trem - sounds grrrrreat!  Got this board pop'd by someone on here too.  Messy wiring.  I made this for someone in exchange for a table saw.

STM800 - finally got this thing done and it's my fave.  Like seriously, my fave.  No gutshot for this one either, but I promise I built it! 

PTP voltage control - Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dminner

Awesome knob choice on that STM800

jimilee

That was a crazy weekend you had there.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Loveliness all around.  Very nice.  The Crazy Horse board was one of those builds I never warmed up to.  Never did get it boxed and I have it hanging off my wall as a reminder that I need to deal with it.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

dropanchor812

Thanks folks!  Yeah, this is definitely about 7 months of building for me.  And I built the Crazy Horse for someone else who was looking for a dirt pedal that was a little different.  I can't say I was wild about it either, but it does what it does well!  I liked it for a fuzz much more than just trying to use it as an overdrive.

zombiesonore

All of them are very, very nice.
I really like the green ringer & the Devolter. What is the size of this last one?

TheDude

Quote from: dropanchor812 on December 01, 2017, 07:47:03 PM
CJ's Stutter Trem - sounds grrrrreat!  Got this board pop'd by someone on here too.  Messy wiring.  I made this for someone in exchange for a table saw.

Now THAT is a deal I would love to swing with someone right now. Along with a band saw, a planer, a belt sander, uhhh....

Nice builds!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

The dude abides

stringsthings

Nice builds!  I agree with those white toggle switch covers.

The Green Ringer is my fave.  The trio of LED's is great.
All You Need Is Love

dropanchor812

Quote from: zombiesonore on December 02, 2017, 09:37:57 AM
All of them are very, very nice.
I really like the green ringer & the Devolter. What is the size of this last one?

The little Devolter box is a 1590LB... a gutshot would have been pretty boring on that one seeing as how it's just a pot and some power jacks.  I really liked how the GR turned out too.  It was my first try with a water slide decal.  Thanks!

oip

these are awesome!  love the lettering (and switch covers)

the devolter is great.  i think i'm going to try a buffer in the same size enclosure, my local electronics place sells them.

m-Kresol

you've been busy! great builds all around
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Coda-effects

Nice builds !

I really like the Mangler with the hammertone finish, gives a nice vintage feel to it. Great choice of knobs as well!