News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fuzzface

Started by Coda-effects, February 17, 2015, 11:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coda-effects

Hello all !
I have just finished this Fuzz face, following Scruffie's layout http://music.codydeschenes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Fuzzface-Scruffie-TRANSFER.pdf
(by the way, thank you all including scruffie for the help with understanding the power supply system)

I tried to make the best looking pedal I could do, so I used a black enclosure with an aluminium faceplate I made. I engraved the letters and painted it with black ink.

I used vintage NOS NKT275 red dot transistors. I am not a lot into mojo stuff, but I was curious and I wanted to give it a try ! There are little differences with the AC128: they are a little bit smoother, darker sounding and clean up really well. But nothing really impressive really, just a bit different.

The transistors

I made a really quick video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iyCyoosh88&feature=youtu.be

luks999

nice pedal, awesome sound  8)
really like that enclosure

bcalla

Very nice look and sound!

selfdestroyer

Glad you got it going, looks awesome.

Cody

micromegas

Simple and beautiful. I like the faceplat.

The little toaster in the video sounds nice... I'll might check one for myself.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

nzCdog

ya agreed... very elegant looking
great build, enjoy

Hogharry

Nice build! The faceplate works well.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

morganp

Thumbs up!  I love the simplicity, nicely executed.
affiliation: www.dustystrings.com

Leevibe

Nice job! Simple and beautiful.

Coda-effects

Thank you all for your comments !

The little toaster in the video sounds nice... I'll might check one for myself.
It is really a good amp ! I am always surprised of how it sounds nice (in clean), I even used it with my band during one year (with a microphone of course)
Moreover, it is very usable for as an in-home amplifier, as the master volume is really well scaled for it.
The only problem with this amplifier is the line-out output which does not have a cab simulator included, so it sounds pretty awful with headphones...
But for the price (I bought it used for 150 euros - 170 dollars), it really digs it !

QuoteGlad you got it going, looks awesome.

Cody

Thank you ! I have other projects in mind, I hope I will be able to make them soon.
I currently learning how to use eagle, so I am hoping to create my own PCB layouts soon

brejna

NIce build, demo also! :)

m-Kresol

Nicely done and very good playing in the demo.
I see you used a mono jack in the end, so you just tied the one pad to ground?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Coda-effects

QuoteI see you used a mono jack in the end, so you just tied the one pad to ground?
Yes ! No room left for a 9V battery :(